Citrix is pleased to announce that XenApp 6 will be available on March 24, 2010. Purpose-built for Windows Server 2008 R2, XenApp 6 introduces exciting new features and enhancements for advanced management and scalability, a rich multi-media experience over any network and self-service applications on any device – from PC to Mac to smartphone.
Here are the new Key Features of XenApp 6 :
• Built for Windows Server 2008 R2 with increased scalability of up to 20% more users per server.
• Simple, fast product installation cuts installation time in half with role-based setup wizards and simplified server deployment.
• AppCenter simplifies application management with a single, more intuitive console.
• Seamless integration with Microsoft management tools streamlines application management with Active Directory group policies and PowerShell.
High definition user experience
• HDX RealTime collaboration enables real-time audio and video collaboration using Microsoft Office Communicator and VoIP softphones.
• HDX RealTime audio ensures CD quality audio while using 90% less bandwidth.
• HDX Plug-n-Play for Windows portable USB devices ensures a seamless user experience with expanded USB support for POS interfaces, webcams, microphones, scanners and more. – Great new Feature!
• Self-service app storefront delivers self-service access to the applications users need with Citrix Dazzle.
• App-V integration enables IT to manage and deliver both Citrix and Microsoft virtual applications on demand from a single point with Microsoft App-V.
Any device, anywhere
• Citrix Receiver for Windows, Mac & Linux enables applications to be delivered on demand to Windows, Mac and Linux desktops using a single, auto-updating client.
• Expanded plug-in support for Citrix Receiver ensures high performance access to more applications and services with new Receiver plug-ins for WAN acceleration, Single sign-on, and EasyCall voice communications.
• Citrix Receiver for iPhone and Android gives users ultimate mobility with access to corporate applications from popular smartphones, including iPhone, Windows Mobile, and now Android.
XenApp 5 Feature Pack 3
Alongside XenApp 6, Citrix is introducing XenApp 5 Feature Pack 3 for Windows Server 2008 R1 and Windows Server 2003. XenApp 5 Feature Pack 3 brings HDX technology enhancements and application virtualization features to both platforms to offer customers more value in their current environment as they build migration plans for newer platforms and technologies.
Both XenApp 6 and XenApp 5 Feature Pack 3 will be available for electronic download on March 24. Customers with active Subscription Advantage as of March 17, 2010 can download these new releases at no additional cost. XenDesktop Enterprise and Platinum customers that are current on SA are also entitled to these new features.