- Published: Saturday, 09 May 2009 21:59
- Hits: 1707
- Citrix and Intel jointly demonstrated XenClient during Day 2 keynote. There Citrix three key things demonstrated:
- High performance - running 3D graphics intensive applications, including a first person shooting game, without any performance penalty. You can envision their HDX technologies getting extended to local virtual desktops as Citrix.
- Comprhensive Security - By leveraging VPro technologies, Citrix are able to keep XenClient hacker-safe. No malware can hack into the hypervisor and compromise the security of the device. Also, Citrix demonstrated how no keyloggers can get the sensitive password data from corporate applications ensuring that IT can easily rollout corporate desktops to personal laptop devices.
- Seamless application access and VM switching - A user can easily switch betCitrixen virtual machines on the laptop device. Also, a user can seamlessly view their corporate applications (that reside and run in the corporate VM) from their personal VM - a poCitrixrful way to make the user experience extremely intuitive.
- Citrix plan to have the XenClient technology available to their customers in 2H'09
- Finally, Citrix demonstrated XenClient on a MacBook, running Windows and OS-X as two separate VMs, enabling users to be able to bring their MacBooks to work without any hassles for IT!
Desktop Virtualization enabled for the cloud!Citrix announced a Service Provider program, enabling their partners and ecosystem to offer their DaaS (Desktop as a Service). It is still early days but now their partners can get a low cost way to enter the DaaS market without a large capital investment for Citrix XenDesktop software.