Leostream Announces Connection Broker 7.5 with Support for Citrix XenDesktop and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.0
Integration with Citrix XenDesktop and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Desktops Provides High-Performance HDX and SPICE Protocol Support for Leostream Customers.
Leostream Corporation, a leading developer of virtual hosted desktop software, today announced the general availability of Leostream™ Connection Broker 7.5 with support for Citrix® XenDesktop® 4.x installations and Red Hat® Enterprise Virtualization 3.0. In addition, version 7.5 adds to Leostream’s already comprehensive suite of user-session management tools, enabling enterprises to deploy large-scale virtual desktop infrastructures (VDI) throughout their organization.
Highlights in Connection Broker 7.5 include:
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.0 support: The Connection Broker 7.5 release includes a virtual appliance that installs directly onto the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor. New Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager centers allow the Connection Broker to natively inventory, power control, and assign virtual machines hosted in a Red Hat environment, as well as connect users to their virtual machines using the high-performance SPICE protocol.
- Citrix XenDesktop 4.x and HDX support: Connection Broker 7.5 allows organizations to manage existing XenDesktop farms inside a Leostream VDI, providing connections using HDX® technologies for users and expanding Leostream’s support for different use cases.
- Collaboration support for NoMachine NX: Connection Broker users with NX sessions can shadow other users’ sessions, providing advanced collaboration functionality in a VDI environment. Connection Broker 7.5 further expands its support for the NoMachine NX protocol with features that allow users to set and save NX session configurations.
- Proximity card support: Connection Broker 7.5 expands support for proximity card authentication solutions by including tight integration with Ensure Technologies XyLoc® workstation security solution and RF Ideas pcProx® HID proximity readers.
- Desktop failover enhancements: New functionality associated with Leostream backup pools allows organizations to ensure that users always have access to a desktop, even if their primary desktop is in an unusable state.
In addition, Connection Broker 7.5 includes a suite of new policy, pooling, and protocol plan options that provide more control of user sessions.
“With each release, Leostream strives to bring more flexibility and control to our customers”, said Michael Palin, CEO of Leostream. “Connection Broker 7.5 introduces additional virtualization platforms, high-performance protocols, and advanced functionality into Leostream environments. Even more than before, Leostream customers have the ability to use the best virtualization platform and capabilities to satisfy each of their user’s needs.”