- Category: Latest
- Published: Wednesday, 06 October 2010 09:48
- Written by Alexander Ervik Johnsen
- Hits: 3359
Company’s virtualization technology helps enterprises smoothly transition to user-centric, virtualized desktop model
New York, NY – October 6, 2010 – AppSense, the leading provider of user virtualization solutions for the enterprise and Citrix Ready® Partner of the Year 2010, announced its support today for Citrix's new Desktop Transformation Model. The model is designed to help businesses quickly realize the benefits of virtual desktops, and AppSense further enhances this by helping enterprises plan, integrate and deploy virtualized desktop solutions faster and with higher user acceptance.
"Desktop virtualization has fueled unprecedented interest from enterprises that recognize the profound business impact of enabling virtual work styles and increasing business agility," said Sumit Dhawan, vice president of product marketing, XenDesktop product group at Citrix. "The Citrix Desktop Transformation Model gives customers a step by step process and best practices for an effective desktop virtualization initiative, while helping to accelerate adoption across all users in the enterprise. AppSense is a trusted partner and strong addition to our ecosystem supporting the Desktop Transformation Model with user virtualization technology that ensures end user satisfaction in any desktop environment."
AppSense adds value to desktop transformation by offering:
- Simplified user migration - users can easily migrate to new Citrix virtual desktops (streamed, published or virtualized) from existing physical desktops without interruption.
- Multi-platform support - enterprises can use any combination of physical and Citrix virtual desktops (streamed, published or virtualized) across their desktop environment while preserving a seamless user experience.
- Multi-OS support - users have the ability to seamlessly switch from Windows XP to Windows 7.
- Multi-app delivery support - applications are delivered seamlessly using a combination of locally delivered, Citrix streamed or published, or Microsoft App-V delivery technologies.
- Granular user control – users are able to personalize their desktop experience, while IT is able to implement unique desktop enhancements based on user, application or scenario and still enforce corporate access and security policies.
"The Citrix Desktop Transformation Model is a great step in accelerating desktop virtualization deployments by making the process easy while delivering powerful functionality," said David Roussain, vice president of business development for AppSense. "Typically, user acceptance is a major obstacle in successfully rolling out new desktop technologies. Users demand more powerful and versatile desktop solutions without compromising their desktop experience. Our close partnership with Citrix means we can enable enterprises to quickly realize the value of a desktop virtualization with no impact to the user experience."
About AppSense's User Virtualization Technology
AppSense's user virtualization technology delivers personalized corporate desktops without the need for cumbersome profiles or scripts across all delivery platforms - including physical, virtual, streamed, published and off-line. User virtualization ensures users always receive a consistent, predictable and personalized working experience. Full desktops can now be configured and business rules applied on-demand, enabling compliant, personalized desktops to be quickly delivered to thousands of users.