The Dell XC series delivers an out-of-the-box infrastructure solution for virtual desktops that eliminates the high cost, variable performance, and extensive risk of conventional solutions. The Nutanix web-scale converged infrastructure is a turnkey solution that comes ready to run your VDI solution of choice. The Nutanix platform’s unique architecture allows enterprises to scale their virtual desktops from 50 to tens of thousands of desktops in a linear fashion, providing customers with a simple path to enterprise deployment with the agility of public cloud providers.
Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform Overview Nutanix delivers a hyperconverged infrastructure solution purpose-built for virtualization and cloud environments. This solution brings the performance and economic benefits of web-scale architecture to the enterprise through the Nutanix enterprise cloud platform, which is composed of two product families—Nutanix Acropolis and Nutanix Prism.
- Introduce support for NVIDIA GRID 2.0
- Introduce support for additional XC platforms
- Introduce support for Intel E5-2600v4 CPUs (Broadwell)
- Introduce support for Nutanix AHV
- Updated Acropolis and appliance architectures
Attributes of this solution include:
- Storage and compute resources hyperconverged on x86 servers.
- System intelligence located in software.
- Data, metadata, and operations fully distributed across entire cluster of x86 servers.
- Self-healing to tolerate and adjust to component failures.
- API-based automation and rich analytics.
Nutanix Acropolis can be broken down into three foundational components: the Distributed Storage Fabric (DSF), the App Mobility Fabric (AMF), and AHV. Prism provides one-click infrastructure management for virtual environments running on Acropolis. Acropolis is hypervisor agnostic, supporting two third-party hypervisors—ESXi and Hyper-V—in addition to the native Nutanix hypervisor, AHV.