Nutanix a leader in hybrid multicloud computing, has announced the Nutanix GPT-in-a-Box™ solution for customers looking to jump-start their artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) innovation, while maintaining control over their data. The new offering, available today, is a full-stack software-defined AI-ready platform, along with services to help organizations size and configure hardware and software infrastructure suitable to deploy a curated set of large language models (LLMs) using the leading open source AI and MLOps frameworks on the Nutanix Cloud Platform™. It allows customers to easily procure AI-ready infrastructure to fine-tune and run generative pre-trained transformers (GPT), including LLMs at the edge or in their datacenter.
Many enterprises are grappling with how to quickly, efficiently and securely take advantage of the power of generative AI and AI/ML applications, especially for use cases that cannot be run in the public cloud because of data sovereignty, governance and privacy concerns. New use cases emerge every day as organizations look to leverage generative AI to improve customer service, developer productivity, operational efficiency and more. From automated transcription of internal documents, to high-speed search of multimedia contents, and automated analysis, many organizations see the opportunity with AI but are struggling with growing concerns regarding intellectual property leakage, compliance and privacy. Additionally, organizations looking to build an AI-ready stack often struggle with how to best support ML administrators and data scientists, while the prospect of large AI investment costs has enterprises stalled in their AI and ML strategy.
“As customers look to design and deploy generative AI solutions, they find themselves struggling with balancing the deep expertise required to install, configure, and run these workloads with concerns around their data security and protecting company IP – all while controlling costs,” said Greg Macatee, Senior Research Analyst, Infrastructure Systems, Platforms and Technologies Group at IDC. “With GPT-in-a-Box, Nutanix offers customers a turnkey, easy-to-use solution for their AI use cases, offering enterprises struggling with generative AI adoption an easier on-ramp to deployment.”
The Nutanix GPT-in-a-Box solution delivers ready-to-use customer-controlled AI infrastructure for the edge or the core data center and allows customers to run and fine-tune AI and GPT models while maintaining control over their data. Nutanix provides a full complement of security and data protection offerings ideal for AI data protection.
“Helping customers tackle the biggest challenges they face in IT is at the core of what we do, from managing increasing multicloud complexity, to data protection challenges, and now adoption of generative AI solutions while keeping control over data privacy and compliance,” said Thomas Cornely, SVP, Product Management at Nutanix. “Nutanix GPT-in-a-Box is an opinionated AI-ready stack that aims to solve the key challenges with generative AI adoption and help jump-start AI innovation.”
This new solution includes:
- The Industry-leading Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure™ platform, with the Nutanix Files Storage™ and Objects Storage™ solutions, the Nutanix AHV® hypervisor and Kubernetes, along with NVIDIA GPU acceleration, which can be sized for large to small scale.
- Nutanix services to help customers size their cluster and deploy an opinionated stack with the leading open source deep learning and MLOps frameworks, inference server, and a curated set of large language models such as Llama2, Falcon and MPT.
- Ability for data scientists and ML administrators to immediately consume these models with their choice of applications, enhanced terminal UI, or standard CLI.
- The platform can also be leveraged to run other GPT models, as well as fine tune these models leveraging internal data, hosted on included Nutanix Files or Objects Storage services.
“Leveraging AI to more efficiently and effectively help our customers is a top priority for us but, as a regulated financial services organisation, maintaining full control over our data is necessary,” said Jon Cosson, CISO at JM Finn. “The Nutanix Cloud Platform delivers the performance, flexibility and security required to safely deploy AI workloads.”
The Nutanix GPT-In-a-Box solution builds on the full stack scalability, performance, resilience and ease of use that the Nutanix Cloud Platform is known for. Nutanix’s expertise with scalable infrastructure across public cloud, datacenter and edge use cases delivers the ideal environment to fine-tune and run AI applications while maintaining control over the data. In fact, in a recent survey, 78% of Nutanix customers indicated they were likely to run their AI/ML workloads on the Nutanix Cloud Platform.
Nutanix’s expertise and involvement in the open source AI community provide customers with a strong foundation on which to build their AI strategy. Key contributions include: participation in the MLCommons (AI standards) advisory board; co-founding and technical leadership in defining the ML Storage Benchmarks and Medicine Benchmarks; serving as a co-chair of the Kubeflow (MLOps) Training and AutoML working groups at the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF).
The Nutanix GPT-in-a-Box solution is available to customers today. Customers looking to get started can find more information here.
- “Red Hat is helping organizations across various industries to accelerate business and mission-critical initiatives through the development and deployment of AI-enabled applications in the hybrid cloud. With this launch, joint customers can take advantage of Red Hat OpenShift AI along with the Nutanix AI-ready stack to jump-start innovation on a consistent, scalable open source foundation while maintaining control over their data.”
– Sarwar Raza, Vice President, Cloud Services, Red Hat
- “Enterprises everywhere are looking to leverage the generative AI opportunity but many, especially in regulated industries, are concerned with potential IP and data security issues. TCS has a long track record of embracing technology innovations in a secured manner to satisfy customer demand and enable them to focus on business outcomes. Nutanix GPT-in-a-Box along with TCS Cognix, a future-ready service delivery platform, allows customers to realize the value of artificial intelligence and machine learning by providing service resiliency, business agility, and enhanced customer experience to organizations.”
– Dinanath Kholkar, SVP and Global Head of Partner Ecosystems & Alliances at TCS
- “Taking advantage of the potential of generative AI is one of the most significant opportunities available to global enterprises today, and finding the right partner to guide this journey is crucial. Nutanix GPT-in-a-Box, along with consulting and solutions from Hexaware, can help jump-start this AI journey by addressing some of the key talent, security, compliance, deployment and scale challenges they’re facing today.”
– Vinod Chandran, COO, Hexaware
- “Generative AI is top of mind for many enterprises, but most don’t have the in house resources to fully take advantage of this opportunity. Nutanix GPT-in-a-Box, along with solutions from DKube, simplifies enterprise AI adoption with an AI-ready stack to jumpstart innovation.”
– Prasad Vellanki, CEO, DKube
- “Generative AI, including Chat-GPT and LLMs, are revolutionizing the way enterprises operate but many require support to best take advantage of this opportunity. Lamini makes enterprise LLMs easier while Nutanix delivers AI-ready infrastructure to help organizations simplify operations and maintain control over their data significantly simplifying adoption of generative AI.”
– Greg Diamos, Co-Founder, Lamini and ML Commons
Nutanix is announcing their GPT-in-a-Box™ solution, a turnkey AI solution for organizations wanting to implement Generative Pre-trained Transformer (GPT) capabilities while maintaining control of their data and applications.
Building AI-ready infrastructure today can be a complex endeavor, especially when concerns about data privacy, data sovereignty and governance come into play. The current pace of AI adoption and innovation favors infrastructure solutions that can easily, efficiently and securely scale while continuing to leverage teams and skills used to manage more traditional workloads.
Nutanix GPT-in-a-Box addresses the complexity, scaling, and security challenges that enterprises face when adopting generative AI and AI/ML applications. Nutanix GPT-in-a-Box is a full-stack software-defined AI-ready platform with services designed to simplify and jump-start your initiatives from edge to core.
With Nutanix GPT-in-a-Box you can:
- Maintain AI content exclusive to your organization in order to help meet security, privacy and compliance requirements
- Simplify AI-ready infrastructure to build, fine-tune, and run models, including GPTs and LLMs, while continuing to use existing teams and skills
- Optimize IT costs with a software-defined cloud operating model
Why Nutanix for AI?
Nutanix is an active contributor to the AI/ML open-source software (OSS) community and brings this expertise to customers looking to run and manage AI applications with control over their data solutions. Our key contributions in this area include participation in the MLCommons advisory board, co-founding and providing technical leadership in defining the ML Storage Benchmarks and Medicine Benchmarks, serving as a co-chair of the Kubeflow Training and AutoML working groups, and being a top 10 contributor to Kubeflow, a CNCF incubation.
This industry expertise led to the creation of Nutanix GPT-in-a-Box to simplify and integrate the layers needed to build a complete AI solution. Nutanix enterprise-class data services are extended seamlessly to AI/ML applications. For data scientists, Nutanix GPT-in-a-Box removes the cognitive burden of operations with a cloud operating model on-prem. This solution increases cost efficiency for line of business owners and simplifies the delivery of resilient infrastructure.
Complete Solution for Generative AI
Nutanix GPT-in-a-Box is a new turnkey solution that includes everything needed to build AI-ready infrastructure. This new solution includes:
- Software-defined Nutanix Cloud Platform™ infrastructure supporting GPU-enabled server nodes for seamless scaling of virtualized compute, storage, and networking supporting both traditional virtual machines and Kubernetes-orchestrated containers
- Files and Objects storage; to fine-tune and run a choice of GPT models
- Open source software to deploy and run AI workloads including PyTorch framework & KubeFlow MLOps platform
- The management interface for enhanced terminal UI or standard CLI
- Support for a curated set of LLMs including Llama2, Falcon and MPT