Citrix Systems, Inc. has launched Citrix Web App and API Protection, a new, cloud-delivered service that provides comprehensive security for applications and APIs in multi-cloud environments. With this Citrix is bringing their Web Application Firewall Capabilities to the Cloud.
“The flexible models for work and multi-cloud application deployment that companies must now support have greatly expanded the attack surface that IT needs to defend”.“Cloud-based security solutions are a fast, easy and cost-effective way to do this, and with the enhancements to our web application firewall offerings, we can simplify and speed the process.”said Mihir Maniar, Vice President of Product Management, Networking, Citrix
Citrix Web App Firewall uses a single code base across all ADC form factors, so you can consistently apply and enforce security policies across any environment. It’s easy to deploy and available as a single license, giving you simplified configuration, bot management, and holistic visibility and control with a single pane of glass.
Citrix Web Application Firewall service protects a customer’s web applications and infrastructure from cyber security attacks. It has historical retention capabilities for easy operation and incident analysis. Note: Citrix Web Application Firewall service supports only HTTPS traffic.
You can configure the Citrix Web App Firewall (Web App Firewall) by using any of the following methods:
- Web App Firewall Wizard. A dialog box consisting of a series of screens that step you through the configuration process.
- Citrix Web Interface AppExpert Template. A AppExpert template (a set of configuration settings) that are designed to provide appropriate protection for web sites. This AppExpert template contains appropriate Web App Firewall configuration settings for protecting many web sites.
- Citrix ADC GUI. The web-based configuration interface.
- Citrix ADC Command Line Interface. The command line configuration interface.
Citrix recommends that you use the Web App Firewall Wizard. Most users will find it the easiest method to configure the Web App Firewall, and it is designed to prevent mistakes. If you have a new Citrix ADC or VPX that you will use primarily to protect web sites, you may find the Web Interface AppExpert template a better option because it provides a good default configuration, not just for the Web App Firewall, but for the entire appliance. Both the GUI and the command line interface are intended for experienced users, primarily to modify an existing configuration or use advanced options.
The Web App Firewall wizard is a dialog box that consists of several screens that prompt you to configure each part of a simple configuration. The Web App Firewall then creates the appropriate configuration elements from the information that you give it. This is the simplest and, for most purposes, the best way to configure the Web App Firewall.
A Comprehensive and Consistent Approach
With Citrix Web App and API Protection, IT organizations of all sizes can provide holistic protection from cyber threats and enable a consistent security posture across multi-cloud environments. Built on Citrix Web App Firewall™ and enhanced with volumetric DDoS protection and expanded machine learning capabilities, the service allows IT to:
- Define application and API-specific security to safeguard against OWASP top 10 and zero-day attacks.
- Leverage one of the world’s largest scrubbing networks to protect applications from large DDoS attacks.
- Reduce security configuration errors and simplify visibility and governance across multi-cloud environments.
- Easily configure rules and policies and adjust them as application security requirements change.
- Secure applications fast wherever they are deployed without added infrastructure or operational complexity.
- Scale in minutes with simple license upgrades.
“Applications and APIs are among the most valuable—and vulnerable—assets a company has and protecting them has never been more challenging.”.“Citrix is committed to providing our customers with next-generation tools to protect against both known and unknown application attacks along with intelligence to allows for faster remediation.”said Maniar.
Click here to learn more about Citrix’s market-leading WAF solutions and the value they can deliver.