Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.5 available for download
Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.5 is available for download . The major new features with this release is the support for Windows 10 anniversary update and important HDX enhancements. Other new enhacements is the simplified configuration of the Receiver.
Citrix also introduced two delivery options for Receiver for Windows – Long Term Service Release (LTSR) and current release. This is the same model that Citrix also introduced with XenApp and XenDesktop earlier this year. Receiver for Windows 4.5 is the current release, which includes new features in addition to the bug fixes and security fixes.
Here is an overview of some of the important updates:
Unified Citrix Receiver for Windows template file
Starting with Version 4.5, all Citrix Receiver for Windows template files are merged into a single file called receiver.adm / receiver.admx / receiver.adml.
Configure NetScaler Gateway Store via GPO
Starting with Version 4.5, Citrix Receiver for Windows allows users to add a NetScaler URL via Group Policy Object. By adding the NetScaler URL in the GPO, Citrix Receiver for Windows Installation continues without prompting users to enter the NetScaler URL again.
Here is an overview of the new HDX enhancements from XenApp, XenDesktop 7.11 that is built into this version of the Receiver:
- HDX 3D Pro now enables hardware encoding using NVIDIA’s NVENC technology. Receiver for Windows 4.5 supports the hardware-encoded graphics, which gives better scalability on the server with best possible quality.
- Support for selective H.264 with the HDX Thinwire codec, that provides the benefit of lower bandwidth use for the video content combined with the sharpness of text in applications elsewhere on the screen. In addition, there are optimizations in caching that result in further reduction in bandwidth requirement.
- Relative mouse support improves the user experience of simulator applications. Users can enable the relative mouse support on the fly in a desktop session from the desktop viewer toolbar.
- Twain 2.0 support lets users access image processing applications, which use the TWAIN 2.0 scanning protocol over XenApp and XenDesktop
- USB Audio per user setting: Now audio devices can be used simultaneously in a Xenapp and XenDesktop session via USB redirection and optimized audio devices. USB audio devices that can be redirected can now be configured on a per user basis, so that the user can control how to use the devices.
There are also other enhancements, for a complete list please click here