The Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 2003 ( CVAD 7 2003 ) is now available for download. This release brings new functionality and enhancements to customers. Some of the latest updates include new versions of the Windows Virtual Delivery Agents (VDAs) and new versions of several core components. Citrix has added enhanced browser content redirection routing, enhancements on build to lossless, and more. Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops ( CVAD 7 2003 ) are virtualization solutions that give IT control of virtual machines, applications, licensing, and security while providing anywhere access for any device.
Here is a short list over what´s new in CVAD 7 2003 :
Virtual Delivery Agents (VDAs) 2003
Version 2003 of the Windows VDA for Multi-session OS and the VDA for Single-session OS includes the following enhancements:
- Enhanced browser content redirection routing using new proxy configuration options
- Enhanced Build to lossless
- Multi-Stream virtual channel stream assignment
- Enhanced support for electron-based apps in multi-session OS VDA
- Wait for printers to be created before an application starts
- Drag and then drop files between a Citrix session and a local endpoint (for evaluation only).
- Dragging and then dropping files between a Citrix session and a local endpoint is available for evaluation. You can drag and then drop files, groups of files, directories, groups of directories, or a combination of files and directories to and the same client on the session. This ability applies to a desktop session or a seamless app. This includes the desktop, Explorer window, and some applications. This feature does not support all apps. For example, you can drag a file out of a compressed (zipped) folder, but not into one.
- Loss tolerant mode
Citrix Licensing 11.16.3
Citrix Federated Authentication Service 2003
- Citrix Federated Authentication Service (FAS) 2003 contains new features.
Citrix Scout data masking
- The Citrix Scout data masking feature allows you to mask sensitive data in diagnostics files before uploading them to Citrix. For more information, see Data masking.
- Citrix is enhancing Citrix Scout by adding a data masking option. When Scout is launched in the data masking mode, new options are presented to the administrator to allow masking sensitive data in the Scout bundle (log files, environment information files etc.) before uploading them to Citrix. This is exciting news for organizations that are looking for new ways to secure their information as it’s being shared to ensure data security in your organization.
Please note that as of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 2003 ( CVAD 7 2003 ) , current releases of that product do not support VDAs (machines that deliver apps and desktops) on the following hosts:
- Amazon Web Services (includes VMware Cloud on AWS)
- CloudPlatform (refers to the original Citrix software platform)
- Microsoft Azure (includes Azure Resource Manager and Azure Classic)
Citrix is happy to announce that Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service recently reached SOC 2 type II certification and ISO 27001 certification. This certification demonstrates that Citrix is following information-security best practices. Citrix also received 508 and FIPS 140-2 compliance for the 1912 version of LTSR, carrying on the compliance from the previous 7.15 LTSR.