VM Sprawl is an often used term in virtualization that is generally used to describe the wasted resources that can occur when virtual machines proliferate.
Hyper9 VEO can detect and prevent VM Sprawl from happening in your VMware environment. With it, you can find, report and alert on:
• VMs that have not been logged into for any extended period of time
• “Stale” VMs with inactive disk files
• Overallocated VMs wasting resouces such as CPU, Memory and Storage
• “Orphaned” VMDK files that are not completely removed from inventory and wasting storage
• Snapshots that are out of control and taking up valuable storage