Igel releases IGEL Universal Management Suite 4.0
Igel released a new version of their UMS software to manage their Igel ThinClients.
The Universal Management Suite (UMS) is an easy-to-use yet extremely powerful software that allows you to remotely manage your IGEL thin clients so that support costs are kept to a minimum. It is extremely open and network friendly so that it can fit into your organization’s existing infrastructure.
- Automatically setting up thin clients with the right profile when they first attach to the network
- Changing the settings of the device or its local
protocols and software tools
- Re-imaging devices mid-life when new firmware becomes available, diagnostics and support
Here are the key new features:
- Load balancing scenario
- In large environments with many thin client devices (>500) when booting simultaneously some devices will not receive new settings in time
- High availability scenario
- Ensures redundancy if one server hard- or software fails
- CML – Client Management License per seat (managed thin client)
- No mixed environment
- 5 CMLs for evaluation included in UMS Standard (not for productive usage, will be deactivated as soon as productive license is deployed)