Juniper Networks and Nutanix has announced new initiatives under their existing partnership designed to simplify enterprises’ journey to multicloud architectures, making network and security act as seamless partners with compute and storage with support for Contrail.
As enterprises transition to multicloud environments, they need simplified and automated network management, as well as integrated and agile security. To enable this, Juniper Networks and Nutanix are deepening their collaboration in an effort to provide seamless integration between virtual and physical networks that is vital to a multicloud future.
The goal is for Juniper’s Contrail Enterprise Multicloud to integrate with Nutanix APIs to provide enhanced network visibility for virtualized workloads, ultimately facilitating automated fabric management. Additionally, Juniper’s Unified Cybersecurity Platformtogether with Nutanix’s software-defined networking offering, Flow, and AHV hypervisor, intends to secure applications with microsegmentation in enterprise cloud, as well as provide a hardened security posture that prevents lateral propagation of threats. Enterprises will be able to deploy the vSRX integrated virtual firewall in their Nutanix environment, extending the same capability across multicloud architectures with a single point of control using vSRX on-premises and in AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Working with Nutanix, Juniper will provide:
- An operationally simplified and scalable network fabric based on Juniper’s QFX switches for Nutanix Enterprise Cloud users through the integration of Contrail Enterprise Multicloud with Nutanix’s APIs.
- Enhanced microsegmentation in enterprises’ cloud architecture, creating a hardened security posture that prevents lateral propagation of threats by allowing enterprises to take advantage of the functionality of both Nutanix Flow and Juniper vSRX.
The Juniper Networks and Nutanix Converged Virtualization Solution Juniper Networks and Nutanix address today’s enterprise IT challenges by aligning with the following customer values:
• Freedom of Choice: Flexible deployment options allow implementation to be started anywhere in the network with the ability to grow and evolve over time. Multivendor support and seamless interoperability between physical and virtual elements help prevent expensive vendor lockin and allow best-in-class choices that future-proof the infrastructure.
• Intelligent Automation: Insights based on data-derived knowledge of network operations guides automation decisions and closes the infrastructure provisioning feedback loop through a policy-driven, programmable infrastructure. Rich analytics collected from all infrastructure resources with Juniper Networks® Junos Space Network Director provide correlations between virtual and physical layers while improving visibility, troubleshooting, and network telemetry. At the same time, Nutanix Prism gives administrators a simple and elegant way to manage virtual environments. Powered by advanced data analytics and heuristics, Prism simplifies and streamlines common workflows within a data center, eliminating the need to have disparate management solutions.
• Always-on Reliability: The combined Juniper-Nutanix solution provides support for business continuity and business-critical applications with reliable, highly secure, scalable software, and purpose-built hardware. To build a hyper-converged data center infrastructure with the necessary performance, scalability, reliability, and security to support any business-critical operation, including continuity and data replication functions, companies need innovative, proven products from a world-class technology partner. Juniper and Nutanix deliver the products needed to transform data centers into a competitive advantage for any business. • Juniper Networks EX Series Ethernet Switches and QFX Series switches are flexible, supporting the most popular and commonly used fabric architectures to connect virtual and physical network environments. • Juniper Networks MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers interconnect multiple data centers and clouds across virtual and physical networks.
• Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways provide multiple layers of defense against threats and intruders.
• Juniper-Nutanix hyper-converged solutions deliver agility through orchestration of virtual networks.
• Nutanix delivers invisible infrastructure for the nextgeneration enterprise data center, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power the business. By natively converging server and storage resources into the turnkey Xtreme Computing Platform that is easy to deploy and manage, Nutanix has helped large and small IT organizations simplify their data centers and gain predictable performance, linear scalability, and cloud-like infrastructure consumption.
• Designed with intelligent data tiering, high-performance flash storage, and dense hard disk drives for high performance and low latencies across a large storage capacity, Nutanix services all of your critical enterprise applications and development operation environments on a single Acropolis platform, under a common management framework. Enterprise-grade features, including self-healing storage and VM-granular policies combined with consumergrade management, enable IT to eliminate the operational complexity typical of server virtualization environments with three-tier infrastructure and easily manage deployments around the world through global management. With Juniper Networks Virtual Chassis Fabric technology and Nutanix’s hyper-converged Acropolis platform, you can build a high-performance, highly reliable data center that lets you deploy new applications, services, and technologies quickly and easily while ensuring secure, always-on access to data. The Virtual Chassis Fabric technology provides a low-latency, highperformance fabric architecture that can be managed as a single device. A Virtual Chassis Fabric configuration employs a spineand-leaf architecture, with each spine device interconnected to each leaf device.
With Juniper’s Contrail Enterprise Multicloud and Nutanix’s Enterprise Cloud, enterprises will be able to seamlessly build, connect, secure and operate multicloud architectures.
“As enterprises race toward multicloud, they are burdened with complexities that arise during each stage of the journey. By integrating Contrail Enterprise Multicloud and Juniper’s Unified Cybersecurity Platform with Nutanix’s Enterprise Cloud, we are delivering an end-to-end secure and automated multicloud environment spanning compute, storage and networking for our customers.”
-Bikash Koley, Chief Technology Officer, Juniper Networks
“The future of enterprise infrastructure is multi-cloud – that’s no longer up for debate. Networking shouldn’t be the complex burden holding companies back from this transition, and that’s why we’re so committed to working with our partners like Juniper to offer our joint customers seamless, secure networking fit for the multi-cloud world.”
– Raja Mukhopadhyay, VP of Product Management, Nutanix
“We have separately used both Juniper and Nutanix technology as components of Expedient’s Enterprise Cloud and Disaster Recovery solutions. This collaboration further enables multi-cloud adoption for customers with applications operating on diverse infrastructure. From our perspective, this partnership further validates our vision of having a single security perimeter to protect workloads across clouds.”
-John White, Vice President, Product Strategy, Expedient