Microsoft is a leader in delivering hybrid solutions that span both the public and private cloud. The Microsoft Cloud Platform System (CPS) Standard integrated solution offers an Azure-consistent experience for on-premises virtualized workloads. Nutanix brings the simplicity of public cloud infrastructure to enterprise datacenters. Microsoft and Nutanix have partnered to deliver a jointly-engineered hybrid cloud solution by offering CPS Standard on Nutanix. The factory-installed solution combines Microsoft’s proven datacenter stack of Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2, and Windows Azure Pack with the Nutanix enterprise cloud platform. Nutanix brings one-click simplicity to Microsoft CPS Standard by automating the installation and upgrades of all the software components in the stack. With the ability to seamlessly scale infrastructure as demand grows, customers can start small and grow incrementally as needed. The solution offers high levels of availability and performance making it ideal for mission-critical applications as well as internal line of business applications. CPS on Nutanix is an ideal solution for businesses looking to build a hybrid cloud solution using Microsoft technology.
The Microsoft Cloud Platform System Standard on Nutanix solution offers customers:
• The best of both worlds: Benefit from the entire Microsoft datacenter stack on the industry’s most popular enterprise cloud platform.
• Lower time to value: Go from racking and stacking to deploying a turnkey private cloud solution in just a few hours.
• Simplified setup and management: Remove complexity of installation, setup and management of individual datacenter components.
• Pay as you grow economics: Start with 3 nodes and grow one node at a time without disruption, as needs change.
• One-click upgrades: Orchestrate upgrades of the entire stack including Nutanix & Microsoft software, hypervisor and firmware.
• Self-service provisioning with native Azure Integration: Ability for end users to deploy applications without IT intervention including native backup to the Azure cloud.