Citrix Receiver for Android version 2.0, which is now available for free download from the Android Market adds several enhancements.
Version 2.0 includes major enhancements to the user interface to take advantage of the new wave of Android tablet devices hitting the market. This tablet optimized user interface will be shown on Android powered tablet devices including the Samsung Galaxy Tab and others.
In addition to the tablet optimized user interface, Citrix Receiver for Android 2.0 includes the following new features:
- Connections to XenApp and XenDesktop through the upcoming release of Citrix Web Interface version 5.4. This allows you to access your enterprise applications using Android’s built-in web browser working with Citrix Receiver. Web Interface also supports 2 factor authentication secured using SSL.
- A task switcher feature that allows users to switch between multiple host side applications. This is useful with Citrix DocFinder where you may have multiple applications open when viewing and editing your documents. Switching between those applications is now a lot simpler thanks to our new task switcher
- High quality, low bandwidth audio. This enables users to view and listen to corporate presentations, videos and other content that is delivered to Receiver. The low bandwidth requirement for high quality HDX audio means that this audio works well over WIFI as well as 3G connections.
- Storing user passwords for accounts created on Citrix Receiver (Administrator configurable). This means no more typing your domain password every time you start an application. For administrators this feature can be controlled in the same way that password saving is controlled on other versions of Citrix Receiver -through the Citrix Web Interface Management console.
- Support for time zone redirection allowing the time zone of the device to be used in the session.This is particularly useful for time based applications such as desktop sessions and calendar applications where the XenApp or XenDesktop data center is either running on UTC or in a different timezone to the end user.
- Reliability and stability fixes.