Nutanix has released Acropolis 5.1.2 also short called AOS.
There are some new features here are the updates for this release:
- Data protection
- Dial / In-Place Hypervisor Conversion
- Infrastructure Services
- Metro Availability Witness
- Nutanix Guest Tools
- Self-Service Portal
- Applications, Scripts, and APIs Using Admin User Credentials
- You must update any applications and scripts using the admin user credentials for authentication. Nutanix recommends that you create a user assigned with the admin role instead of using the admin user for authentication.
- Applications and scripts using the admin user for API integration require a password change.
- Do not utilize the admin user for any script or integration authentication. Consider the admin user account as an emergency account for troubleshooting and initial configuration.
- Create separate user(s) for your scripting and integration needs and assign the admin role to them.
- If you use an external client that is configured to use the admin user (for example, applications and scripts using the admin user for API integration) or any local user, the Prism Web Console displays an alert message External Client Authentication: IPip_address has configured admin user for REST API authentication when it detects an external client employing the admin user. Also, local users will be disabled for remote API access. Use enterprise Active Directory/LDAP service accounts for API access.
- Workflow Addition When Upgrading to AOS 5.1.2 and Later (ESXi Clusters Only)
- If you plan to upgrade to AOS 5.1.2 or later, Nutanix Engineering has determined that a memory increase is required for each Controller VM due to the increased number of services and features supported in AOS 5.x family. If your cluster is running the ESXi hypervisor and is also managed by VMware vCenter, you must provide vCenter information and credentials as an additional step before upgrading. To facilitate the upgrade, you will see Add vCenter in the Upgrade Software window in the Prism web console.
If you are upgrading your cluster to AOS 5.1.2 or later:
- Click Add vCenter and enter the vCenter IP address and administrator credentials.
- Click Add and then upgrade AOS as usual.
- Deprecation of TLS 1.1, TLS 1.0, SSLv3 and any non-Ephemeral Cipher Suites
- In an upcoming AOS 5.x family release, Nutanix is deprecating the inclusion of TLS 1.1, TLS 1.0, SSLv3 and any non-ephemeral ciphers in the entire Nutanix line of products. Today, all Nutanix products (for example: AOS, Prism Central, AHV) communicate over TLS 1.2, GCM preferred ciphers, by default.
- Improved VM Memory Reporting in AOS 5.1.1 and Later
- Memory Usage shows the guest VM memory usage while Hypervisor Memory Usage shows the total memory reserved for use by the VM.
- For AHV VMs, this change is displayed for clusters running AOS 5.1.1 and later and AHV-20160925.71 and later. Additionally, install Nutanix VirtIO 1.1.1 or later on each guest VM. After upgrading your clusters from AOS versions prior to 5.1.1, you might need to power cycle the VMs to see these statistics in the Prism / Prism Central web console VM page and VM charts.
- Nutanix API v3 Tech Preview
- This API is available for tech preview in this release. See https://developer.nutanix.com/ for the complete reference for the API, including code samples in multiple languages, and tutorials.
This version is not supported for production use.