Citrix Health Assistant / VDA Health Check – Troubleshoot VDA Registration and Session Launch
VDA health assistant is now available on Smart Check as VDA Health Check. You can now run this check on your VDAs at the click of a button – no installation needed. What’s more, you don’t need to worry about upgrading to the latest version — Smart Check is a cloud-based service (for on-prem and cloud environments)
What’s New in v18.104.22.168
- Removed the need for pressing Enter to end a command line execution.
- Provided an error message in case of a time difference between the local and the remote machines during remote check.
- Addressed the issue that the tool might stop running unexpectedly.
- Addressed the issue that the tool could not process parentheses in listofDDCs correctly.
- Addressed the issue that the tool might fail to check the Delivery Controllers specified through Group Policy.
- Addressed the issue that multiple tool instances could be run at the same time.
- Bug fixes
The Citrix Health Assistant is a Windows tool to help Citrix administrators troubleshoot configuration issues in a Citrix environment. V1.1 release of the tool focuses on Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) registration issues for XenDesktop or XenApp products, and V1.2 release added session launch related checks (on VDA only). Such registration or session launch issues can lead to disabled desktops, disconnected sessions and unusable environments. This tool automates a series of health checks to identify possible root causes for common VDA registration and session launch issues. The tool is graphical UI based but also supports command line commands.