Nutanix has released AOS 5.16, this release is a new STS, Short Term Support. In 5.16, there is also a new version of Prism Central.
Read more about difference between LTS & STS here.
Here is a list of whats new in Nutanix AOS 5.16
- AHV Management – Image management
- Secure Boot Support for Node running AHV -> With Nutanix AOS 5.16, AHV can run on hardware which supports UEFI and Secure Boot of UEFI.
- Secure Boot Support for VMs -> With AOS 5.16, you can now enable Secure Boot feature of UEFI on user VMs running on AHV clusters.
- Upgrading AHV Hosts Through Life Cycle Manager (LCM) -> AOS supports AHV host upgrade that you apply by using the Life Cycle Manager in the Prism web console. Life Cycle Manager is now linked from Upgrade Software in the Prism web console.
- API Infra
- Data Protection – MAC address mgmt for ESXi based Nutanix clusters.
- Infrastructure / Services
- Lifecycle Manager (LCM)
- Nutanix Files 3.5.6 -> release notes
- Nutanix Cluster Check (NCC)
- Prism Central
- Secure Boot Support for Node running AHV
- Secure Boot Support for VMs
- Security – Patches that applies to e.g. blktrace, curl, ghostscript, krb5, kernel, elf,elf64, libssh2, libtiff OpenJDK, procps-ng, procps, python & top
- Xi – License reporting
- Xi Networking – REST API improvements.
To determine the upgrade path from your current release to the target release, see Upgrade paths
- Nutanix will be releasing its next AOS Long Term Support (LTS) early 2020. AOS 5.16 will not have an upgrade path to this upcoming LTS release family.
- Customers on AOS 5.16, will be able to upgrade to a compatible LTS AOS version that Nutanix is planning to release early 2021.
- To check compatibilty for the AOS, PC, and Files release families, see Software Product Interoperability
For a complete list of fixes please refer to this link: (may require a valid my nutanix account) https://portal.nutanix.com/#/page/docs/details?targetId=Release-Notes-AOS-v5_16:Release-Notes-AOS-v5_16