Receiver for HTML5 is a zero-install client that enables users to access virtual desktops and hosted applications delivered by XenDesktop and XenApp from a web browser. Receiver for HTML5 is hosted on StoreFront servers and enables users to access virtual desktops and hosted applications from a web browser. Resources delivered by XenDesktop and XenApp are aggregated in a StoreFront store and made available through a Receiver for Web site. With Receiver for HTML5 enabled on the site, users can access desktops and applications within their web browsers without needing to install Citrix Receiver locally on their devices.
New features in this release
- Print in-session documents to PDF for transfer to the local device – Print to PDF. Users can convert to PDF documents opened with hosted applications or applications running on virtual desktops to PDF. The PDF is then transferred to the local device for viewing and printing from a locally attached printer.
- Clipboard operations. Users can copy and paste different types of data, including text, tables, and images, between hosted applications, both within the same session and between different sessions. Only plain text can be copied and pasted between hosted applications and files or applications running on the local device.
- Direct SSL connections to XenDesktop 7.6 and XenApp 7.6 without NetScaler Gateway–Secure WebSocket connections. Receiver for HTML5 supports secure WebSocket connections over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for direct connections to XenDesktop and XenApp without NetScaler Gateway.
- End-user experience metrics. Receiver for HTML5 collects and makes available various metrics on user sessions to enable you to monitor the user experience through Director.
- Receiver unique ID per device. Receiver for HTML5 generates a unique client name for each browser the first time a session is started and uses this name for all subsequent sessions, enabling you to track license usage for hosted applications.
- App Switcher taskbar to enable switching between applications in the same session
Receiver for HTML5 is hosted on StoreFront servers and Receiver for HTML5 1.4 is installed by default when you install StoreFront 2.6. You can install Receiver for HTML5 1.4 on a StoreFront 2.5 server if you want to upgrade Receiver for HTML5 without upgrading StoreFront. Do not install Receiver for HTML5 1.4 with versions prior to StoreFront 2.5
Click here to download the Citrix Receiver for HTML5 1.4 (may require a valid mycitrix.com account)