StorageZones Controller 2.0 combines the functionality of ShareFile Storage Center (“StorageZones ShareFile Data”) and ShareFile StorageZones Connectors into a unified package which can be run on a single server.
- StorageZone ShareFile Data allows IT departments the flexibility to choose the location of ShareFile content – using either Citrix-managed secure cloud storage, or IT-managed (on-premises) storage within your own datacenter.
- StorageZone Connectors gives users get instant mobile access to data on existing network file shares and Microsoft SharePoint® document libraries via the ShareFile for iPad and ShareFile for iPhone apps, side-by-side with their existing ShareFile content.
StorageZones Controller 2.0 is a downloadable component which resides on the internal network, allowing administrators to create and manage on-premises ShareFile Data, and/or define and publish StorageZone Connectors to internal data sources. This package can be used to upgrade existing Storage Center 1.1 deployments, however existing StorageZone Connectors administrators must perform a new install of Controller 2.0.
New in StorageZones Controller 2.0:
- Unified server support for ShareFile Data and StorageZone Connectors
- Read/Write StorageZones Connectors access to Network File Shares
- Read/Write StorageZones Connectors access to SharePoint® document repositories
- End users may define their own Connectors, subject to administrator-defined white list
- Simplified administrative privileges required for install (Update 1)
- Improved multi-server configuration (Update 1)
Learn more and download here (requires a valid mycitrix.com account)