StarWind Software has released a new version of their V2V Converter which allows the user to convert VMs from one format to another, basically “cloning” them and keeping the original copy intact. It comes either with any version of StarWind Virtual SAN, or as a standalone free tool.
Here is the list of latest improvements:
- Added support for MS VHDX container format. It requires running on Windows 8/2012 or higher version of Windows.
- Windows Repair Mode may be activate for converted image, allowing virtual machines to adapt to hardware environment of new hypervisor automatically.
- Command-line utility extended to support VHDX format and repair mode option.
- New style of GUI in V2V Converter Wizard.
- Help file added to installation.