AppSense, a major player in the user workspace management solutions space, has announced that the latest release of DesktopNow will bring innovation to enterprise IT, to the next-level. The new DesktopNow aims to dramatically reduce IT management costs while extending user productivity and IT controls across hybrid environments with a mix of physical PCs, virtual desktops and desktops-as-a-service (DaaS).
Key enhancements include:
- Simplified installation and setup process, including a new evaluation mode that installs all components in as little as 10 minutes.
- New personalization and policy templates to simplify virtual and physical desktop deployments in large-scale environments.
- Enhanced capabilities for non-persistent VDI and physical PC deployments.
- Improved DaaS support for enterprises that need to seamlessly extend user productivity and IT controls to hybrid environments, including private and public clouds.
- On-demand end-user entitlements to ensure maximum user productivity while maintaining security and governance.
- Crowd-sourced insights into user requirements for more proactive policy management.
“AppSense DesktopNow is central to our management strategy for both our physical PCs and our virtual desktop environment,” said Brooks Bennett, CIO at City of Round Rock (TX). “With this latest release, AppSense has made its product even easier to deploy and use while also expanding the granular controls that have helped make our desktop projects successful.”
The new DesktopNow requires significantly fewer system resources and storage capacity than earlier versions. These improvements, along with optimizations DesktopNow applies to the broader desktop environment, combine to greatly reduce IT capital expenses and improve the user experience. Meanwhile, new support and management features reduce help desk tickets and improve IT efficiency, lowering IT operational expenditures.
“A growing number of organizations are moving to heterogeneous environments that combine physical PCs with virtual desktop technologies from key AppSense partners like Citrix and VMware,” said Ravi Khatod, SVP of Marketing at AppSense. “AppSense DesktopNow offers IT teams a unified approach to delivering the seamless desktop experience that users need to be productive while maintaining security and operational efficiencies.”
The latest DesktopNow release is available for immediate download on the MyAppSense.comcustomer extranet. Prospective customers can request a personalized product demonstration atwww.appsense.com/desktopnow.