Citrix CloudPortal Business Manager is a purpose-built BSS/OSS (business support system, operations support system) for cloud providers. It provides powerful, easy-to-use, account and partner management, pricing and billing, customer management, and reporting capabilities, enabling providers to bring large-scale clouds to market rapidly with all the on-boarding and management tools they need.
The Business Manager increases cloud efficiency by eliminating manual account provisioning, management and administration workflows as well as automating billing and payment processing for services consumed within the cloud infrastructure. Designed in close partnership with large providers, CloudPortal Business Manager already powers large-scale infrastructure clouds around the world.
What’s New in CloudPortal Business Manager 1.3
- Ops Administrators must be able to set various thresholds on a per-account basis.
- Service providers must be able to verify users’ credit cards for fraud control by integrating with MaxMind. If the MaxMind risk score is grater than the configured threshold, they reject the credit card.
- Service providers must be able to use GeoIP location services to automatically provide appropriate defaults to their customers.
- Regular users must be able to install and configure CloudPortal with ease.
- Root users can now manage account types in the UI. A second level tab called Account Types is added to the Administration tab. The Account Type attributes are editable. Certain Account Type attributes such as resource limits, spend limits, credit breach action etc. are configurable in the UI.
- When users sign up, they must be shown the available self-registration account types that they can sign up with.
- New User Interface for the Resources tab. The feature functionality remains the same.
Additional information about CloudPortal Business Manager and its features can be found at citrix.com/cloudportal