Citrix has updated their Citrix Connector 3.1 for System Center Configuration Manager, SCCM. The Citrix Connector for System Center Configuration Manager provides administrators with an end-to-end solution for managing Citrix Delivery Sites and published applications from within the Configuration Manager console.
Citrix Connector 3.1 provides a bridge between Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and XenApp or XenDesktop, enabling you to extend the use of Configuration Manager to your Citrix environments.
Please note that the Citrix Connector 3.1 is compatible with XenApp 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, and 7.8 and XenDesktop 7.1, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, and 7.8. There is also a guide for usage with XenApp 6.5, head over to citrix support to learn more!
With Citrix Connector, you can unify day-to-day operations across the physical environments you manage with Configuration Manager and the virtual environments you manage with XenApp or XenDesktop. The Connector does the following for you:
- Provides a single location where you can define and manage user access to all applications.
- Extends the deployment capabilities of Configuration Manager to enable the delivery of any application to any user, on virtually any device.
- Adds value to XenApp or XenDesktop by using Configuration Manager policies to automate application and software update installation.
- Provides automated and consistent installation of software across one or more Citrix Delivery Sites.
The update includes these new features:
- Support for XenApp and XenDesktop 7.7 and XenApp and XenDesktop 7.8
- Upgrade support for SCCM 2016: Customers who have upgraded to SCCM 2016 can use Citrix Connector 3.1 with SCCM 2016.