SAN FRANCISCO » 5/12/2010 » Today at Citrix Synergy™ 2010, the conference where virtualization, networking and cloud computing meet, Citrix Systems (NASDAQ: CTXS) previewed its upcoming Citrix HDX™ “Nitro” technologies, the next generation of its industry-leading HDX technology that already delivers the fastest high-definition user experience of any virtual desktop technology on the market. These new HDX enhancements go far beyond a single protocol to include groundbreaking innovations at all levels of the desktop virtualization infrastructure – from servers and datacenters to networks and clients. As a result, virtual desktop users should experience faster performance across-the-board, from instant start-up of apps, to breakthrough sense-and-respond technology that optimizes each user’s connection based on the capabilities of their device and network connection.
The ability to deliver a high-definition user experience is about more than the delivery protocol. It is about environmental awareness and dynamic selection of the optimal delivery mechanism. Citrix envisions a system that is smart enough to factor in all relevant variables, gauging everything from network conditions to the device type, and seamlessly selecting the fastest and most efficient path for both display and execution of content. The new HDX Nitro technologies aim to turbo-charge every aspect of virtual computing.
The new HDX Nitro technologies – which are being demonstrated live this week at Citrix Synergy 2010 in San Francisco, CA – consist of several innovative projects planned for upcoming releases of Citrix XenDesktop® and Citrix XenApp™. Several of the new HDX Nitro technologies.
Key Facts and Highlights:
The new HDX Nitro technologies will incorporate enhancements from several groundbreaking new development projects, including the following:
- Project Mach 3 — 3X Faster Across-the-Board Performance – Major new advances in the Citrix Receiver™ client are targeted to deliver up to 3X faster virtual desktop performance for end users, enabling unprecedented TCP equivalent speeds for all HDX traffic, regardless of location or device.
- Project Zoom – Instant App Launch – Advances in HDX Broadcast™ technologies, including the addition of silent session pre-loading, are targeted to result in unprecedented app launch speeds, allowing users to connect and reconnect virtual sessions in less than half the time.
- Project Laser – Faster Printing at a Fraction of the Bandwidth – Advances in HDX Plug-n-Play™ are targeted to reduce print time and increase performance with just 10 percent of the bandwidth currently required.
- Project Mercury – Breakthrough WAN Speed and Efficiency – Advances in HDX WAN Optimization™ and HDX MediaStream™ compress, cache and prioritize HDX traffic – targeting to deliver a high-definition virtual computing experience at up to 300 ms of latency.
- Project Dynamo – Dynamic Sense-and-Respond Rendering – Advances in HDX Adaptive Orchestration™ dynamically sense the user environment and are set to respond with breakthrough performance. HDX RichGraphics™ enhancements aim to render a crystal clear, 3D Windows 7 experience, including the ability to directly leverage the upcoming RemoteFX technology from Microsoft. Intelligent quality of service (QoS) is intended to provide prioritized, policy-driven performance gains.
Related Links and Announcements:
Follow us online:
- Citrix Synergy 2010 and Citrix Synergy Press pages
- Citrix HDX technology page
- Citrix XenApp page
- Citrix XenDesktop page
- Twitter: @Citrix, @xendesktop, #XD4, #citrixsynergy
- Citrix on Facebook
About Citrix Synergy 2010
Born as a user conference more than 10 years ago, Citrix Synergy™ will present the best ideas from leaders in virtualization, cloud computing and networking to help you build a simpler and more cost-effective IT environment. Citrix Synergy San Francisco takes place May 12 to 14, 2010, at Moscone West Convention Center. Citrix Synergy Berlin will be held at the Estrel Hotel and Convention Center, Oct. 6 to 7, 2010. More information is available on the Citrix Synergy web site at https://www.citrixsynergy.com.