Nutanix Era 2.2 released with support for MongoDB
Nutanix Era 2.2 database as a service (DBaaS) automates and simplifies database administration, bringing one-click simplicity and invisible operations to database provisioning and life-cycle management.
Era enables database administrators to perform operations such as database registration, provisioning, cloning, patching, and restore. It allows administrators to define provisioning standards with end-state driven functionality that includes network segmentation, High Availability (HA) database deployments, and much more.
On public, private, or hybrid clouds, Era 2.2 enables database management on your terms. By providing simple, fast, consistent management from a single control plane, Era dramatically improves uptime, reduces tedious manual operations, and increases cost efficiency. The future of one-click simplicity across clouds and clusters is here. It’s a new Era.
With Era 2.2 multi-cluster you can easily manage databases across multiple locations, both on-prem and in the cloud, with Nutanix clusters.
What’s New in Nutanix Era 2.2:
This release includes the following features:
- MongoDB Database Engine Support
- MongoDB database is now supported by Era. Era enables you to easily register, provision, clone, and administer all your MongoDB databases on one or more Nutanix clusters with a single click.
- Era Entity Sharing
- Era now supports entity sharing that allows users to share Era entities (database server VMs, database server clusters, databases, and snapshots) that are owned by a single user. Entities can be shared with other Era users based on the entity sharing policy configured.
- Era Service High Availability
- Era now supports service High Availability to ensure that there is no loss on service or data during an Era VM failure.
- Network segmentation Support
- Era now supports network segmentation, which allows you to add one or more VLANs to segment the network traffic from the Era server for each of the VLAN access types.
- Oracle RAC Restore
- Era now supports restore functionality for Oracle RAC database.
- Oracle Database Software Upgrade
- Era now supports database software upgrade operations for Oracle database server VMs and database server clusters.
- SQL Server Database as a Group
- Era now introduces the database as a group (database group) functionality for SQL Server databases. A database group is a logical entity containing one or more SQL Server databases (provisioned or registered) which share a single time machine. Added UI enhancements and bug fixes for Japanese language support.
- SQL Server Provision from Native Backup
- Era now supports import of SQL Server databases from existing (Nutanix or non-Nutanix) environments. Existing SQL Server databases (single-instance and AG) can be imported by providing an SMB share folder.
- SQL Server Custom Instance Name
- Era now allows you to provision SQL Server databases with customized SQL Server instance names.
- PostgreSQL HA Restore
- Era now supports restore functionality for PostgreSQL HA instances.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and SUSE support
- Era now supports RHEL 8 and SUSE for Oracle guest operating systems.
- XFS File systems Support
- Era now supports XFS file systems for Linux guest operating systems.