Nutanix Invisible Infrastructure for SAP NetWeaver
Nutanix delivers the best infrastructure for enterprise applications, including CRM, ERP, SCM, and more. With features and optimizations for predictable performance, availability, management, and scalability, IT organizations can derive real value from XCP running databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, and the SAP NetWeaver technology platform.
Customers can now deploy in production with confidence, knowing that Nutanix XCP is a certified and fully supported solution for NetWeaver. Working closely with SAP, Nutanix validated the XCP to become the first-ever hyperconverged infrastructure on the SAP NetWeaver supported hardware list. Nutanix also entered into a collaborative technical support agreement that will give their joint customers a seamless support experience, be it on resolving issues or optimizing environments.
So what does this mean to you? You get all the benefits of the Nutanix invisible infrastructure on an SAP-certified platform, backed by a collaborative technical support agreement. XCP customers will obtain:
Simplified infrastructure and management through a single platform that natively integrates server and storage resources:
- Certified and ready-to-run SAP landscapes on a wide range of platforms to support any scale – lowering business risk
- The ability to deploy storage 85% faster without any of the provisioning complexities [source: IDC]
Easy scalability – the ability to start small and predictably scale without limits:
- Fast deployment – up and running in a few hours
- Quick system copy/refresh from existing landscapes on Nutanix
- Excellent and predictable performance and improved application responsiveness
- The ability to scale without disruption or forklift upgrades
The ability to meet and exceed service levels – improved application availability without the overhead:
- Cut unplanned downtime by 98% vs. traditional 3-tier approaches [source:IDC]
- Significantly reduce the business risk and defect rate associated with changes
- Improve uptimes through data/application-centric data protection and disaster recovery without the overhead
A documented payback period measured in months going from legacy infrastructure to Nutanix XCP with the ability to:
- Consolidate workloads into a single dense platform with better license utilization and choice of hypervisors
- Shrink physical footprint by as much as 80%
- Cut end-to-end management by as much as 71% [source: IDC]
Aside from the lower costs and higher end-user productivity, application owners and business units will benefit from being able to better meet business needs and SLAs, lower risk, and improve developer productivity – resulting in faster time to production and higher quality deployments.