Citrix has updated their Virtual Desktop for Linux. The Linux packages available for download below are suitable for RHEL 6.6 and above, 7.0 and above (server and workstation) and SLED/SLES 11 SP3 and above, 12.0 and above – all 64-bit machines.
These are the new features of the 1.1 release:
- Linux VDI dedicated desktops enabled in XenApp, XenDesktop 7.6 infrastructure
- Multi-monitor support with Linux virtual desktop at maximum total resolution of 8192×8192
- Support for RHEL 7 and SLE 12.
- Addition of Centrify for domain join along with existing Winbind and Quest support
- KDE window manager and enabling QT based applications support on Linux Virtual Desktop
- Internationalization support for non-English environments
Please note that in order to install the new update, you will need to update the following XenDesktop components.
Desktop Studio hotfix to facilitate publishing Linux Virtual Desktops:
CTX142244: Hotfix DStudio760WX86002 (Version 7.6.2) For Citrix Studio 7.6 x86 – English
CTX142245: Hotfix DStudio760WX64002 (Version 7.6.2) For Citrix Studio 7.6 x64 – English
To configure the broker for Linux Virtual Desktop, either apply Hotfixes Update 2 (listed here) or run the scripts in the Linux VDA script package (listed in the download section below):
CTX142438: Hotfixes Update 2 – For Delivery Controller 7.6 (32-bit) – English
CTX142439: Hotfixes Update 2 – For Delivery Controller 7.6 (64-bit) – English
Click here to download the Citrix Linux Virtual Desktop 1.1 (requires a valid myCitrix account)