Nutanix Named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Hyperconverged Infrastructure 2018
Nutanix has been named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Hyperconverged Infrastructure for 2018.
Hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) is a category of scale-out software-integrated infrastructure that applies a modular approach to compute, network and storage on standard hardware, leveraging distributed, horizontal building blocks under unified management. Hyperconverged infrastructure vendors either build their own appliances using common, off-the-shelf infrastructure (hardware, virtualization, operating system), or they engage with systems vendors that package the hyperconverged infrastructure vendor’s software stack as an appliance. Alternatively, HCI vendors sell their software direct to end users, or through resellers and integrators for use as part of a reference architecture, or on an HCI-as-a-service basis, either on-premises or in a public cloud.
In prior years, Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Integrated Systems evaluated vendors within 4 classes of integrated systems: integrated infrastructure systems (IIS), integrated stack systems (ISS), hyperconverged integrated systems (HCIS) and integrated reference architectures (IRA). There are 4 important changes in this year’s Magic Quadrant when compared to the “Magic Quadrant for Integrated Systems” published in 2016.
In this Gartner Magic Quadrant for Hyperconverged Infrastructure 2018 report you will find:
- Focuses exclusively on vendors and offerings in the hyperconverged software segment.
- Drops the system hardware requirement, which is part of the HCIS appliance model.
- Defines the market segment as hyperconverged infrastructure, allowing for software-only/bring-your-own-hardware, and as-a-service cloud delivery models.
- Limits the evaluation of integrated storage and data management capabilities to those technologies for which vendors have primary development responsibility and ownership.
Download a complimentary copy of the report today to evaluate key vendors in the space and gain insight into critical market trends.
- An overall assessment of the hyperconverged infrastructure space including trends for datacenter transformation
- Real-world considerations for implementing hyperconverged infrastructure
- An evaluation of strengths and cautions for 12 key hyperconvergence vendors
Click here to download the Magic Quadrant for Hyperconverged Infrastructure for 2018