Nutanix has released Prism Central PC.2021.3. Nutanix provides an option to monitor and manage multiple clusters through a single web console. This multi-cluster view, known as Prism Central, it is a centralised management tool that runs as a separate instance comprised of either a single VM or a set of VMs. Prism Central provides the following features:
Whats new in Prism Central PC.2021.3
- VPN Gateway Upgrades – Nutanix deployments can detect and install upgrades for the on-prem Nutanix gateways and the Xi Leap VPN gateways in the Xi Leap configurations
- Layer 2 Virtual Subnet Extension (On-Prem and Xi Cloud Services) -The subnet extension feature allows you to extend a subnet from on-prem site or Xi Cloud Services to support seamless application migration between these sites. This feature allows seamless migration to a new datacenter or for disaster recovery.
- Cluster Role Based Access Control (RBAC)- The Cluster RBAC feature provides “Prism Admin” and “Prism Viewer” role-based access to Prism Central with access restricted to one or more AOS clusters registered to Prism Central. With Cluster RBAC, the Prism Central admin or viewer user is able to access Prism Central and is able to view and act on the entities like VM, Hosts, and Container from the allowed AOS Clusters.
- Prism Central RBAC Service (Themis) – The Prism Central role-based access control (PC RBAC) service provides an access control management service for Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) for Prism Central PC.2021.3 – Administered from Prism Central, Identity and Access Management (IAM) is an authentication and authorization feature that uses attribute-based access control (ABAC). It is disabled by default.
Nutanix has tested these IDPs when SAML IDP authentication is configured for Prism Central.
- Azure ADFS
There are also some resolved issues in PC.2021.3. for more information click here(requires a valid my.nutanix.com account)