This brief document will take you through the simple process of deploying XenDesktop 5 in a controlled manner for a Proof of Concept. It will also show some of the initial steps to administer the XenDesktop 5 site.
A few assumptions have been made for this document. These assumptions DO NOT suggest any limitations of the deployment topologies.
Future updates to this document will add additional deployment scenarios.
- XenDesktop will be deployed on Citrix XenServer. Note: We support ESX and Hyper-V.
- You have thin provisioning capable storage repository available, such as NFS.
- The XenDesktop ISO has been copied to an ISO Library on the XenServer.
- You will be using the XenDesktop 5 Quick Deploy.
- The XenDesktop Controller will be installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 that has been imported and is operational on the XenServer
- The Hosted Virtual Desktop will be a Windows 7 Desktop that has been imported and is operational on the XenServer
- The Controller and Virtual Desktops will be members of the same domain.
- Access to the XenDesktop environment will be from the same domain and within the LAN.
- Ensure WinRM is enabled. See https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX125243
Definitions used in this document.
- XenDesktop Controller – The Windows Server where XenDesktop will be installed
- Windows 7 Golden Image – Your reference Windows 7 Desktop image.