Secure and Managed Portable Workspace for Mobile Workers Enhances Endpoint Security and Preserves Investment in Computer Hardware
To help meet growing customer and market demand for a highly secure computing environment for mobile workers, IronKey, the leader in secure and managed portable computing, today launched its Trusted Virtual Computing initiative to enable organizations to realize the cost-effective benefits of virtualization without compromising security.
The new IronKey platform enables IronKey devices to provide a secure, portable computing environment that meets the unique needs of remote workers, corporate banking customers, as well as government and military users. The IronKey solution not only improves the security of remote access, but can also provide the basis for IT cost reduction across the enterprise or agency.
IronKey encapsulates the latest desktop virtualization technology in a managed and secure portable device. By securing the user’s applications, data and associated workspace resources, IronKey offers a cost effective approach for enterprises to enable mobile workers with a highly secure computing environment. IronKey Trusted Virtual Computing offers an ideal way to provide for business continuity and telework, enabling secure portable virtualization even when network connections are lost, or bandwidth is limited. The solution also addresses some of the hardest security problems, including protection from root kits and commercial banking Trojans.
Virtualization, which has reduced cost, increased security and availability and enabled more agile business responses in the datacenter, is moving to the desktop. Now, IronKey helps to solve the remote desktop challenges of the last decade. By taking desktop virtualization to the next level and cutting the ties to the data center it removes reliance on high-bandwidth network connections.
With the ability to run an entire desktop, including the operating system, specific applications and files directly from an IronKey secure portable computing device, customers can realize the benefits of virtualization with minimal investment, and without compromising security. IronKey delivers the same stringent security as found behind the corporate firewall. IronKey empowers organizations to issue these secure devices in lieu of laptops, and thereby significantly reduce IT costs.
- IronKey Multifunction Security Device—IronKey multifunction security device has the look and feel of a USB thumb drive, and is just as easy to use. Underlying this initiative, the IronKey portable multifunction computing device, provides the essential hardware-based security, user authentication, and high-performance architecture that enable secure portable virtualization solutions.
- Application Validation in Hardware—The IronKey Cryptochip handles application validation using x.509 digital certificates in hardware that is manufactured through a secure supply chain.
- Optimized Secure Storage—IronKey secure portable virtualization protects the virtualization payload, applications, and user data from unauthorized access with strong hardware encryption.
- IronKey KeyOS—IronKey KeyOS™ firmware is optimized not only to meet the demands of virtualization security but also the performance requirements of portable desktops. IronKey KeyOS also prevents updates from getting on the device unless they are digitally signed by IronKey—ensuring that your payload is always what you think it is.
- Strong Authentication for Network Access—The IronKey multifunction security devices contain an array of strong two-factor authentication technologies, allowing virtualized applications to authenticate themselves to corporate networks and VPNs.
- Remote Management—Enterprise-class remote systems management adds another level of security.
“Trusted Virtual Computing shifts the mobile computing paradigm by delivering workspaces on highly secure, portable devices and eliminating reliance on high bandwidth to deliver the performance today’s mobile workforce requires,” said David Jevans, CEO at IronKey. “We are committed to helping organizations solve security challenges associated with mobile access, data protection and malware threats. Many of our government and enterprise customers have field operatives, as well as workers that regularly telecommute, travel and need access to files and applications without sacrificing performance or security. It is imperative to protect the integrity of the information they carry without inhibiting productivity. We can now provide these mobile workers with secure access to a complete virtual desktop and applications wherever they are in the world.”
IronKey Enterprise Solutions provide smooth integration with existing systems and technologies. It also enables significant opportunities for technology partners, integrators and developers to extend the applications of the IronKey environment. IronKey provides integrated support for virtual desktop software from industry leaders including Moka5 and RingCube. Unique, IronKey-based virtual computing solutions have been developed in partnership with industry leaders, including Lockheed Martin IronClad.