Citrix has released some Technical FAQ answers to App Studio.
- What does the term Overallocated mean?
- When do farms and workload machines get “Allocated”?
- How can I rename a tenant, advertisement, or catalog?
Install and Setup
- Why does the user account running the New-Cam* scripts need to have admin access to SQL Server?
- Why do I get prompted to enter the name of the database user during execution of New-CamFarm.ps1 script?
- Can I setup a tenant in a separate domain?
- Can I use a Domain Controller version other than Windows 2K8 R2?
- Can the console service, the configuration manager and the database be installed on different machines?
Farms and Workloads
- How is the allocation (such as “Allocated: 150%”) calculated for a farm or workload catalog?
- Will old workload machines be drained if a recently updated Workload Catalog is overallocated?
- What happens when a new farm gets imported into a farm catalog?
- What causes a workload machine to become invalid?
- My machines are not being imported into the system after I dropped them to the import OU. How can I find out why?
Advertisements and Subscriptions
- Can farms and workload machines be reused if the associated subscriptions are deleted?
- Can I modify the default icon of an advertisement? What about a subscription?
The term overallocated means that the desired allocation cannot be met because there are not enough farms or workload machines available.
A farm catalog is overallocated if there are workloads associated with it, for which there are no farms available. In other words more farms are required.
A workload catalog is overallocated if there are workloads associated with it with a desired allocation greater than available allocation. In other words more workers are required for one or more workloads associated with the catalog.
A workload is overallocated if its desired allocation is greater than available allocation. In other words more workers are required for the workload.