Citrix AppDNA application migration software enables enterprises to confidently discover, automate, model and manage applications for faster application migration, easier application virtualization and streamlined application managemen.
The AppDNA 6.2 release is focused on providing full support for Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, and Internet Explorer 10, support for App-V 5 and System Center Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr) 2012, incremental loading of ConfigMgr data, Install Capture support for VMware vSphere 5.1, and reporting performance and usability improvements.
Full support for Windows 8, Internet Explorer 10 and Server 2012 application testing and remediation. First announced in October with AppDNA 6.1 SP1, Citrix now releases updated application compatibility support for the latest Microsoft releases, including side-by-side Windows 7 and Windows 8 application assessment.
AppDNA 6.2 shows application compatibility for the latest Microsoft technologies as well as Citrix platforms
- App –V 5 application testing, remediation and automated virtual package preparation. Extending the existing AppDNA support for App-V, AppDNA 6.2 includes new algorithms to accommodate the significant changes from App-V 4.5 to 5. Also included is direct import of .appv packages. Remember AppDNA can automatically create virtual packages by calling the native App-V Sequencer, saving a huge amount of time and effort.
- Integration with System Center Configuration Manager 2012 AppDNA was the leader in integrating with System Center Configuration Manager and Active Directory back in 2011 and builds on the existing support for System Center 2003 and 2007 with new support for the latest version of System Center 2012. Customers working on migrations to System Center 2012 from 2003 or 2007 can use AppDNA during their migration – AppDNA 6.2 can integrate with both the older versions as well as System Center 2012, useful for enterprises working on application compatibility projects while also undertaking a System Center upgrade.
- A new scalable wizard for loading System Center Configuration Manager data into AppDNA. As Citrix customers use AppDNA to test large and very large application portfolios, advances in scalability for application import is just as important as the past advances that brought very large application portfolio testing down to just minutes for these very large application sets.
- Additional hypervisor support AppDNA InstallCapture now can be completed with VMware vSphere 5.1. AppDNA 6.2 now supports 5 different hypervisors from Microsoft, Citrix and VMware, accommodating the needs of customers using a mix of technologies.
- Expanded support for application compatibility work in non-Roman languages Not every app is in English, or even in Roman characters. AppDNA 6.2 now includes capabilities for installing and running AppDNA on local language versions of Windows, calling local language versions of related programs like Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat (for AppDNA report generation) and SQL Server, as well as importing, analyzing and reporting on applications that are named in non-Roman languages. As multi-national organizations work with AppDNA with IT teams around the world, it’s important to have a global view of application compatibility.
Click here to download AppDNA 6.2 (requires a valid citrix.com account)