Citrix has announced that it is now an inaugural member of the new Microsoft Cloud Storage Partner Program. Citrix and Microsoft’s longtime partnership of more than 25 years is enhanced by this alliance agreement, enabling new ways to work for their joint customers. Work is increasingly done by virtual teams spanning employees, contractors, vendors, partners and customers. By joining the program to integrate Citrix ShareFile with Office Online, Citrix and Microsoft are facilitating easier collaboration across organizational and geographic boundaries, increasing cross-team collaboration, productivity and operational efficiency.
ShareFile is a secure enterprise file sync and sharing service that meets the mobility and collaboration needs of people and the data security requirements of enterprises. ShareFile enables customers to mobilize data and provides a single point of secure access across platforms, including network shares, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft OneDrive for Business or any other enterprise content management system.
Citrix participation in the Microsoft Cloud Storage Partner Program builds upon previous ShareFile compatibility with Microsoft, which includes:
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory support
- ShareFile object storage in Microsoft Azure to store enterprise data in Microsoft-hosted datacenters or on premises
- Microsoft Office document editing within ShareFile on mobile devices
- Microsoft Outlook plug-in for sending and receiving files
- Microsoft Office Online integration for file viewing
- Unified mobile access to Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft OneDrive for Business
- Sync integration with Microsoft Office 2013
According to, VP of Alliance Marketing at Citrix, “Citrix and Microsoft share a mission to enable people to move seamlessly across a diverse mix of devices and locations throughout the day. Being an inaugural member of the Cloud Storage Partner Program opens up exciting possibilities for ShareFile customers in the months to come”