Citrix Receiver for Win 8/RT 1.2 released
Citrix releases their first official Receiver for your touch-enabled Win RT tablet or Windows 8 Pro device now on the Windows Store! It adds the ability to connect to XenApp Services and XenDesktop Services sites for Web Interface deployments, not just StoreFront enabled sites. Connections can be direct or through Access Gateway Enterprise Edition. The new Receiver also add’s the ability to open ica files if you’re using browser access.
Citrix Receiver for Windows 8/RT provides users with self-service access to resources published on XenApp or XenDesktop servers. Receiver combines ease of deployment and use, and offers quick, secure access to hosted applications, desktops, and data. Receiver also provides on-demand access to Windows, Web, and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications.
This release of Receiver for Windows 8/RT provides the following features and enhancements:
- Connections to XenApp Services and XenDesktop Services sites for Web Interface. A connection can be direct or through Access Gateway Enterprise Edition.
- Support for Receiver for Web sites, enabling users to access apps from a Web page.
- Starting an app from a XenApp Services site or Receiver for Web site requires that the user respond to a prompt, as described in Provide users with account information.
- Support for certificates with a minimum public key of 2,048-bit RSA and a SHA256 signature hash algorithm.
- Ability to save your Receiver password by selecting Remember my password on the logon screen, if allowed by server policy.