ShareFile Sync for Windows is designed to provide ShareFile Enterprise customers with an easy way to access and synchronize folders from your ShareFile account to your local computer or virtual desktop.
New Features include:
New detailed features:
- Proxy Configuration – A new UI is available in the preferences menu which allows users to configure their proxy settings.
- On-Demand Sync – This feature displays the file and folder structure to the user without downloading their full content. When a file is triggered, by an open command from Microsoft Explorer or an application for example, the file is downloaded and seamlessly opened. This feature is intended to be used in XenApp and XenDesktop environments and is managed by the ShareFile Desktop Sync Service. It depends on the settings of the following registry keys: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Citrix\ShareFile\EnterpriseSync
- Account (REG_SZ): The ShareFile account name.
- AuthenticationType (REG_DWORD):
- 1. Use 0 for Single sign-on, this will use the current Windows’ user authentication.
- 2. Use 1 to prompt for user credentials.
- On-demandPersonalFolder (REG_DWORD): Set this value to non-zero to setup user’s Personal folder as On-demand sync.
- On-demandFolderIds (REG_MULTI_SZ): List of ShareFile Folder Ids that will be synchronized on demand. Admins are expected to use the Main App to get the folder IDs of the shared folders.
- LocalSyncFolder (REG_SZ or REG_EXPAND_SZ): Path to the fixed local drive. Removable media and network shares are not allowed. Environment variables are supported but must set the value type to REG_EXPAND_SZ.
- SharedFolderIds (REG_MULTI_SZ): List of ShareFile Folder Ids. Admins are expected to use the sharefile.com website to get the folder IDs of the shared folders. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Citrix\ShareFile\EnterpriseSync
- On-demandSyncDiskVolume (REG _SZ): This must match the LocalSyncFolder’s root drive letter in order to enable On-demandSyncDiskVolume (i.e. “C:\”)