Citrix has released XenDesktop 5 SP 1 (Service Pack 1) for download.
XenDesktop 5 Service Pack 1 follows the December 2010 XenDesktop 5 release with a number of bug fixes and quality improvements for hosted VDI desktop deployments as well as support for the new Microsoft Server 2008R2 SP1, Microsoft Hyper-‐V 2008R2 SP1, and Windows 7 SP1 platforms.
In addition, this release provides support for XenServer IntelliCacheTM which dramatically reduces the infrastructure costs for XenDesktop deployments by reducing the IO load on central storage by as much as 90% and thus improving storage efficiency.
The XenDesktop 5 SP1 release also provides support and administrative tools to manage new XenDesktop licensing options. Finally, the Service Pack will also include new tools to ease the migration from XenDesktop 4 deployments and a setup wizard for leveraging a Citrix Provisioning Services to provision server-‐hosted virtual desktops in a XenDesktop 5 deployment.
- Licensing enhancements. Version 11.9 of the License Server supports user/device licensing, manages license checkout information, and provides information that enables you to check out the least number of licenses. For further details, including any changes to system requirements, see Licensing Your Product. You can use Desktop Studio to track and manage license usage and license models, and also to access the License Administration Console; for further details see Managing Licensing.
- Support for XenServer 5.6 Service Pack 2. This includes support for IntelliCache. For further details see Using IntelliCache with XenDesktop.
- Blade power management. Support is provided for third party plug-ins for blade servers. You can add machines to an Existing catalog by using the Import List option to specify a .csv file in which machines are specified by unique ID instead of by name. The set of power management options available in Desktop Studio is based on the capabilities reported by the plug-in.
- Support for Microsoft SCVMM R2 Service Pack 1 and Hyper-V 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.
- Support for VMware VSphere 4.1 Update 1.
- Fixes for the XenDesktop 5 issues listed at https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX124164.
For details of how to install this service pack, see Installing and Upgrading to XenDesktop 5 Service Pack 1.
Known issues specific to this service pack are listed below. For details of known issues with XenDesktop 5, see Known Issues in XenDesktop 5.