Citrix VDI-in-a-Box Project Aruba delivers a simple, complete VDI solution with personalized and pooled desktops available both on-premise and as a cloud-service.
Project Aruba extends Citrix VDI-in-a-Box with personal vDisk layering technology to preserve personalization of end-user applications and data while IT only has to manage a single instance of the master image. This saves time and costs while delivering a highly personalized end-user experience.
What’s new in VDI-in-a-Box 5.1 aka Project Aruba:
- Personal Desktop – new template type contrasting with Pooled Desktops. Personal vDisk layering technology is integrated into VDI-in-a-Box to preserve personalization of end-user applications and data while IT only has to manage a single instance of the master image. This saves time and costs while delivering a highly personalized end-user experience.
- Base Image – managed beneath personal desktops with Personal vDisk’s (PVS) – PVD automaticall reattached to the new desktop
- Externally baked up PVD can be restored on any server – New desktops automatically provisioned to host PVD
- More HDX controll with Group Policy – Install these group policy settings on your Active Directory server to fine-tune your HDX connection to your 64-bit virtual desktops
- Management – Improved manageability with touchless installation & upgrade of VIAB Desktop Agent, Active Directory failover, and support for Grid-wide virtual IP to further simplify end-to-end high availability.
- Hardware – Support for multiple types of storage (e.g. SSD) to improve performance and reduce cost
Click here to learn more and download VIAB – Project Aruba ( requires a valid mycitrix.com account )