This is a Service Pack for customers running Citrix XenServer 5.6 Feature Pack 1. This Service Pack is supplied as an update file for XenServer 5.6 Feature Pack 1 customers who wish to upgrade to XenServer 5.6 Service Pack 2 using the update procedure. It is recommended that all XenServer 5.6 Feature Pack 1 customers install this update.
XenServer 5.6 Service Pack 2 resolves a number of functionality and stability issues that were present in the XenServer 5.6 Feature Pack 1 release, and provides some new features.
- IntelliCache. Using XenServer with IntelliCache makes hosted Virtual Desktop Infrastructure deployments more cost-effective by enabling you to use a combination of shared storage and local storage. The load on the storage array is reduced and performance is enhanced. See the XenServer Service Pack 2 Installation Guide for more information on this feature.
- WorkLoad Balancing Installation Improvements. Choice of English or Japanese language available on installation screens.
- Local Storage Spans All Physical Volumnes. When EXT local storage is used (e.g. when the Use thin provisioning is selected in the host installer), on a host containing multiple physical disks, the local Storage Repository (SR) now spans all the disks in a single LVM volume group.
- Reset-on-boot VM behaviour. Disks with the on-boot option set to reset, is now available for disks in any type of SR. (Previously it was only available for disks in NFS and EXT SRs.)
- Block SCSI Generic Support. BSG support added enabling full compatibility with Emulex and QLogic management functionatility.
- Enhanced guest OS support. Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.