Compellent Enables Fluid Data Management for the Cloud with Citrix Ready Certification for XenServer
Compellent is expanding its Citrix Ready certification to include XenServer 5.6, which features the latest version of Citrix StorageLink. The certification enables deep integration of Citrix and Microsoft server virtualization environments with Compellent virtualized storage and disaster recovery systems. Compellent’s Fluid Data architecture allows end users to leverage automated cloud technologies and centralized, multi-server management of Citrix XenServer and Microsoft Windows® Server 2008 Hyper-V environments.
Fluid Data Increases Efficiency in Citrix and Microsoft Virtualized Environments
Through the Compellent Storage Adapter for Citrix StorageLink, users can:
- Fully provision storage volumes for Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix XenServer virtual machines using thin provisioning, which provides the highest storage utilization possible by eliminating allocated but unused capacity.
- Rapidly create, map and recover virtual machines leveraging Compellent space-efficient server mapping and snapshot capabilities.
- Support seamless XenServer or Hyper-V virtual machine migration with either Fibre Channel or iSCSI connectivity to Compellent virtualized storage.
Site Recovery Showcase at Citrix Synergy™
- The new Citrix StorageLink Site Recovery dramatically simplifies the setup and configuration of disaster recovery protection of Microsoft Hyper-V workloads through integration with Compellent’s continuous snapshots and thin replication technologies.
- Compellent will demonstrate its Site Recovery capability for Citrix StorageLink at the Compellent booth no. 300 during Citrix Synergy in San Francisco, May 12-14, 2010.
- Compellent Storage Center Storage Adapter is certified and listed on Citrix StorageLink hardware compatibility list at https://hcl.xensource.com/SLG-HCLHome.aspx.
Click to Tweet: Compellent expands StorageLink certification with Citrix to optimize internal clouds environments and deliver fluid data to the cloud: https://bit.ly/d3gHor.
- Bruce Kornfeld, Vice President of Marketing and Alliances, Compellent: “The combination of Compellent Storage Center and Citrix StorageLink is the next logical step for enterprises seeking to maximize storage and server assets and lower costs in highly virtualized environments. Fluid Data storage is a natural fit for enterprises building the foundation for next-generation cloud computing in their data centers.”
- Benn Schreiber, Director of Business Development, Citrix Systems: “Compellent’s Fluid Data architecture is a perfect complement for enterprises looking to extend the cloud computing capabilities of their data centers. Compellent’s integration with Citrix StorageLink makes virtual infrastructures more efficient and easier to manage with next generation storage capabilities such as space efficient thin provisioning and continuous snapshots.”
Pricing and Availability
- Compellent Storage Adapter is included at no cost with Citrix StorageLink 2.2 or greater, expected from Citrix by June 2010.
- The download for Compellent Storage Adapter will be available from the Citrix website.
- Citrix StorageLink Site Recovery will be supported and available for Compellent end-users by Q4 2010.
- Compellent and Citrix Ready Alliance information page
- Video demo: Citrix StorageLink integration with Compellent
- Twitter newsfeed: @Compellent
- “Around the Block” Blog
- Compellent Newsroom
Compellent Technologies (NYSE: CML) provides Fluid Data storage solutions that automate the movement and management of data at a granular level, enabling organizations to constantly adapt to change, slash costs and secure information against downtime and disaster. This patented, built-in storage intelligence delivers significant efficiency, scalability and flexibility. With an all-channel sales network in 35 countries, Compellent is one of the fastest growing enterprise storage companies in the world. For more information and news, visit www.compellent.com and www.compellent.com/news.