HERMES SoftLab Extends Citrix Smart Plug-in: Adds Support for Citrix XenDesktop and HP Operations Manager 9
Holistic Citrix virtual desktop management takes the stage in Washington DC for HP Software Universe 2010
June 15th, 2010, Washington DC, HP Software Universe 2010 – Application management leader HERMES SoftLab, a ComTrade company today announced the release of a major update to its Citrix Smart Plug-in (Citrix SPI) for the HP Operations Center suite of service-oriented IT operations management solutions.
With this new release, the Citrix SPI from HERMES SoftLab now includes full support for Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp, and XenServer through HP Operations Manager, HP SiteScope, and the HP Business Availability Center. The Citrix SPI provides comprehensive infrastructure topology, health and performance monitoring, management tools, and reporting that enable IT departments to maintain high service levels and deliver a top-notch end-user experience.
“We have always envisioned the Citrix SPI as a comprehensive end-to-end Citrix service-management solution for HP Operations Center. With this new release, the Citrix SPI now provides that depth and breadth of management,” said Gregor Smrekar, General Manager for HERMES SoftLab International Business. “No matter where your applications reside, from physical or virtualized environments to public or private clouds, HP Operations Center and the Citrix SPI deliver enterprise class, service-management solutions, and best practices across your Citrix infrastructure.”
SPI for Citrix benefits:
- Infrastructure availability monitoring: Health, performance, and availability of XenApp, XenServer, and XenDesktop.
- Application availability monitoring: Synthetic application and desktop launch probing ensures application and desktop availability; and issues are quickly identified and root-cause analysis provides a comprehensive diagnosis.
- End-user latency monitoring: From login to logoff, latency issues can be confirmed and isolated to specific components.
- Unified management: Further leverage investments in HP Software, operations personnel, processes, and procedures to extend ITIL and Enterprise Systems Management to the Citrix environment – with no additional consoles required.
- Integrated Management: Acting as an Operations Bridge, the Citrix SPI automatically integrates Citrix performance and availability information with that same information from back-end application layers, providing a true service management perspective.
Today, HERMES SoftLab also announced exciting new extensions to Siebel CRM/Oracle BI SPI and EMC Documentum SPI. All HERMES SoftLab Smart Plug-ins now support HP Operations Manager 9.