Currently, File Type Associations on App-V applications using the XenApp App-V Integration Kit Conduit are not recognized by XenApp. The XenApp content redirection mechanism does not work in this type of setup. To configure File Type Associations on App-V applications, the administrator is required to use the App-V Management Server.
There are two ways to create extensions and extension associations:
- On the Application Virtualization Management Console after the sequence package has been added to the server.
- When creating a Sequence of the application on the App-V sequencer machine, or editing the sequence package.
This article demonstrates how to make the extension with the Application Virtualization Management Console; a similar procedure is done on the Sequencer.
- Log on to the App-V Management Server and open the Application Virtualization Management Console.
- Right click on File Type Associations and select New File Type Association.
- In the Extension field, enter the extension that you want to create. For example, if you desire a *.pdfexample file, then enter “pdfexample” without the period. Select Create a new file type with this description and type a brief description for the new extension.
- Select the application to work with this extension; also select the icon from the icon folder of the application being used. Click Finish and the extension for the application is created.