This document describes how to mount a Provisioning server vDisk on XenServer and update the target device software.
A Network File Share (NFS) share is required to successfully complete this process. This document assumes the share is mounted and accessible from XenServer.
1. From XenCenter console, create a new virtual machine based on the target device properties. In this scenario, the target device is a Windows XP SP3 virtual machine with two (2) vCPUs and 512MB RAM.
2. Click Next.
3. Enter a name for the virtual machine.
4. Click Next.
5. Specify the location to the Provisioning Services ISO image.
6. Allocate the desired number of vCPU and amount of memory.
7. Click Next.
8. Modify the default storage by selecting Edit then select the Disk Setting Location for the NFS storage repository.
9. Click OK.
10. Click Next.
11. After assigning the correct virtual network interface(S) click Next.
12. Uncheck the option to Start VM automatically.
13. Click Finish.