Nutanix Move 4.0 have some pretty big new features.
Nutanix Move 4.0 (Move) is a cross-hypervisor mobility solution to move VMs with minimal downtime. Move supports migration from the following sources to targets, where first platform being the source and second platform being the target.
- VMware ESXi to Nutanix clusters on AWS and VMware ESXi to AHV
- VMware ESXi on legacy infrastructure to VMware ESXi on Nutanix
- Microsoft Hyper-V to Nutanix clusters on AWS and Microsoft Hyper-V to AHV
- AWS EC2 to Nutanix clusters on AWS and AWS EC2 to AHV
- AWS EC2 to VMware ESXi on Nutanix
- Nutanix AHV to AWS EC2
- Microsoft Azure to AHV and Microsoft Azure to VMware ESXi on Nutanix Note: Microsoft Azure to AHV and Microsoft Azure to VMware ESXi on Nutanix is a technical preview feature.
In Nutanix Move 4.0 it includes the following new features and enhancements:
- New platform support for migration: Azure to AOS (AHV and ESXi) – Move now supports migration from Azure to AOS.
- Uninstall VMware Tools after migration – Move can automatically uninstall VMware tools from target VMs after migration.
- Real time logs on Move UI – You can now check real time logs directly from the Move user interface.
- Support for new RHEL version – You can now migrate RHEL 8.3 VMs from ESXi to AHV.
- Support for clusters (ESXi Hypervisor) having storage-only nodes. – Move now supports clusters with storage-only nodes.
- Move memory updated to 8 GiB – The default memory of Move VM is updated from 4 GiB to 8 GiB.