HP and Client Virtualization
Planning a Microsoft® Windows® 7 migration? How much of your corporate data is at the airport today in a lost or stolen laptop? What is the cost per year to manage your desktops? Are you prepared to support the upcoming “always-on” workforce?
HP Client Virtualization can help customers achieve the goals of IT and workforce support, without compromising performance, operating costs, information security, and user experience with HP Client Virtualization Reference Architectures. These reference architectures provide:
Simplicity: with an integrated data center solution for rapid installation/startup and easy ongoing operations
- Self contained and modular server, storage, and networking architecture – no virtualization data egresses the rack
- 3x improvement in IT productivity
Optimization: a tested solution with the right combination of compute, storage, networking, and system management tuned for Client Virtualization efficiency
- Scalable performance, enhanced security, always available
- 60% less rack space compared to competitors
- 95% fewer NICs, HBAs, and switches; 65% lower cost; 40% less power for LAN/SAN connections
Flexibility: with options to scale up and/or scale out to meet precise customer requirements
- Flexible solution for all workers in an organization from task workers to PC power users
- Support for up to 7,800 Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) users and 6,400 Citrix XenApp connections in three racks using the different desktop delivery methods offered by Citrix XenDesktop with FlexCast technology and leveraging Microsoft Hyper-V Dynamic Memory.
- Unmatched price/performance with both direct attached (DAS) and SAS tiered storage in a single rack (50% cheaper than SAN)
By adopting Client Virtualization, IT can drive new levels of flexibility, security, control, costs savings, management simplification, and power reduction as well as meet some of the business’ top initiatives. The idea is simple. Remove the traditional dependency between the end user and the compute device by managing the OS, applications, and data separately from the core compute resource. The results can enable new levels of IT agility, flexibility and control.
The complete reference architecture is a tool for HP VirtualSystem, a strategic portfolio of infrastructure solutions, which serves as the foundation for your virtualized workloads. Based on HP Converged Infrastructure (CI), HP VirtualSystem utilizes market-leading capabilities from Citrix and Microsoft to centralize administrative tasks, improve scalability, optimize workloads, and reduce complexity.
Click here to download Enterprise Reference Architecture for Client Virtualization for HP VirtualSystem – Implementing the HP Architecture for Citrix XenDesktop on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V