Citrix announced that the company has been named by the global research and advisory firm, Gartner, Inc., a “Leader” in the firm’s annual “Magic Quadrant for Web Conferencing” report*.
Video, Voice and Mobile Innovation Driving Success of Popular and Easy to Use “GoTo” Cloud Collaboration Services
Evaluated as one of 12 providers, Citrix is recognized as a Leader for the ability to execute well on its product and service strategy as well as demonstrating a compelling vision. Evaluations considered specifics such as basic and advanced product functionality, pricing models, customer experience, and the products’ alignment with customers’ market expectations and requirements.
Citrix has added multiple new innovations to its “GoTo” line of cloud collaboration services, such as audio and video services, along with an expanded global strategy, extending its market reach into larger enterprises. The company achieved an industry first this year with the introduction of its integrated audio, web and high-definition video conferencing solution, GoToMeeting with HDFaces. Delivering high-definition group video conferencing, HDFaces is the first to provide a very natural, real-time face-to-face meeting experience. Citrix also led mobile innovation, providing collaboration support for iPhone, iPad and Android™ devices. In addition, the report recognized the company’s global expansion strategy, acknowledging the completion of its successful acquisition and integration of Netviewer AG, a leading privately-held European Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) vendor in collaboration and IT services.
A recently released Citrix newsletter featuring Gartner research further highlights this in context with trends in the web conferencing market.
“We believe our position as a Leader in this year’s quadrant is a testament to our focus on the customer experience and our ability to continue to transform the way people meet, collaborate and work. We have always believed simplicity drives adoption and we’ve continued this vision even as we’ve introduced powerful new features such as mobile web conferencing apps and high-definition group video conferencing. It’s this value proposition that sets us apart. Our customers don’t just tell us our products work every time, they tell us they love them,” said Bernardo de Albergaria, VP and GM, Collaboration, Citrix Systems.
Collaboration highlights in 2011:
- Citrix debuted GoToMeeting with HDFaces high-definition group video conferencing, making video a natural part of the collaboration experience for the first time by delivering integrated audio, screen sharing and high-definition video in an easy-to-use and affordable one-click solution.
- Citrix introduced its GoTo Developer Center, a free resource that provides first-time access to GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar® and GoToTraining® APIs, developer resources and best practice tips to build strategic integrations and dynamic mash-ups with the scheduling, registration, management and reporting functions of Citrix GoTo cloud collaboration services.
- In addition to its acquisition of Netviewer AG, Citrix continued its European growth and SaaS leadership by introducing Spanish and Italian localized versions of GoToMeeting.
- Citrix became the first online training provider to add a social share feature to its GoToTraining platform, enabling trainers to share and promote their training sessions on social media channels.
- Citrix introduced new mobile options to enable collaboration from iPhone, iPad or Android enabled-platforms such as smartphones and tablets.
- GoToMeeting with HDFaces was honored with a Techie Award and the product’s mobile apps were recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the “Must-Have Apps for Salespeople.”
- Citrix Unveils New Developer Center for “GoTo” Collaboration Cloud Services
- Citrix GoToMeeting with HDFaces Transforms Business Collaboration
- Citrix Closes Netviewer Acquisition
- Citrix Expands Mobile Workforce App Lineup with Free GoToMeeting App for Android Users
Follow Us Online
- GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and GoToTraining web pages
- Twitter: @Citrix, @GoToMeeting, @GoToWebinar, @GoToTraining
- Citrix on Facebook, GoToMeeting on Facebook, GoToWebinar on Facebook, GoToTraining on Facebook
- Workshifting blog: http://workshifting.com
*Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Web Conferencing, David Mario Smith, December 5, 2011.
About Citrix Systems, Inc.
Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leading provider of virtual computing solutions that help people work and play from anywhere on any device. More than 250,000 enterprises rely on Citrix to create better ways for people, IT and business to work through virtual meetings, desktops and datacenters. Citrix virtualization, networking and cloud solutions deliver over 100 million corporate desktops and touch approximately 75 percent of Internet users each day. Citrix partners with over 10,000 companies in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2010 was $1.87 billion. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
The Online Services Division of Citrix provides secure, easy-to-use cloud-based solutions that enable people to work from anywhere with anyone. Whether using GoToMeeting® to hold online meetings, GoToWebinar® to conduct larger web events, GoToTraining® to train customers or employees, GoToMyPC® to access and work on a remote Mac® or PC, GoToAssist® to support customers or GoToManage® for IT support and management, businesses and individuals are increasing productivity, decreasing travel costs and improving sales, training and service on a global basis. For more information, visit www.citrixonline.com.
About Gartner’s Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.