AppSense Affinity Partner Program Extends User Virtualization to Desktop and Application Ecosystem Partners
With over 400 million corporate desktops in planning phases of Windows 7 and virtual desktop deployment, AppSense’s Affinity Partner Program launches with key solution partners to enable customers to accelerate desktop transformation initiatives and broaden use of user virtualization
AppSense, the leading provider of user virtualization technology, today announced the AppSense Affinity Partner Program, enabling ecosystem partners to engage in joint user virtualization initiatives spanning market awareness, co-development and technical certification. Customers will benefit from optimized solutions and jointly developed best practices designed to help accelerate desktop transformation initiatives in four distinct ways – environment assessment, application analysis and migration and desktop deployment – all underpinned by user virtualization.
“Our research shows that over two-thirds of corporate desktops – over 400 million – are still in the planning phases of desktop transformation and feedback from our customers show that the traditional desktop estate is moving towards a heterogeneous environment,” said David Roussain, vice president of strategic alliances and systems integrators at AppSense. “Because of this large number, the physical-virtual split and the complex transformation challenges that IT faces at the desktop, application and user level, we feel that creating a desktop transformation ecosystem will immediately provide customers with an easy pathway to faster project completion, lower the overall deployment costs and create a more cost-effective user experience.”
Each of the Affinity Partner solutions work in conjunction with AppSense user virtualization technology to ensure an accelerated and successful transformation project. Founding partners include App-DNA, Centrix Software and Lakeside Software.
Ecosystem partners joining the AppSense Affinity Partner Program will receive:
- Implementation and certification services: AppSense partners will receive certification for individuals and organizations.
- Technical support, software testing and solution labs: Partners are given access to comprehensive technical support, allowing them to troubleshoot technical issues and find answers to questions on AppSense solutions and access to the AppSense solution labs, an opportunity for co-innovation intended to drive mutual collaboration and best-practices.
- Business development: AppSense works closely with its technology and solution partners to develop joint sales and marketing relationships, including field engagement and joint go-to-marketing resources and activities.
- Awareness and branding: Partner profiles are listed on the AppSense Affinity Program website, providing a source of potential new business and new customers. Partners are also included with every Affinity Showcase, co-branded solution briefs that enable customers to better understand the joint value proposition and benefit.
- Sales and technical enablement: Members are granted instant access to the AppSense Affinity Program Portal, providing all the resources needed to grow their business, including sales tools, sales guides and case studies, pricing details, technical documentation and marketing resources.
Strong Industry Support
Lewis Gee, vice president of sales and marketing at Centrix Software says, “AppSense’s Affinity program enables a broad ecosystem of desktop transformation partners to leverage AppSense’s people-centric computing models. Centrix Software provides powerful end-user analytics and a unified service delivery platform. Together, we enable organizations to analyze, plan, manage and deliver user-centric computing.”
Dan Salinas, vice president of business development at Lakeside Software, supports the Affinity concept — “AppSense’s Affinity program enables us to join forces with AppSense to help customers accelerate their desktop transformation projects. We believe that by providing the tools and methods to help customers better understand their desktop infrastructure, we can help them manage their desktops in a better way, with less risk, and a better outcome for their users.”
“Customers accelerate desktop migrations with App-DNA, saving time, sticking to budget and dramatically reducing application migration risks,” says Kurt Heusner, chief customer officer, App-DNA. “Providing customers with a proven method to analyze and understand their application inventory, performance and transition risks before deployment, allows them to plan ahead and manage migrations far more effectively, saving time, money and downtime.”
For more information on the Affinity Program, visit www.appsense.com or contact AppSense via email firstname.lastname@example.org.