CA Technologies is shipping three key products in the CA Automation Suite, designed to help to speed moving applications from virtualized infrastructure to the cloud. CA Configuration Automation r12, CA Process Automation r3, and CA Server Automation r12 aim to help customers be more agile, reduce risk and improve service delivery.
CA Configuration Automation provides application and system discovery and dependency mapping, as well as configuration monitoring and remediation, across a range of applications and distributed physical and virtual servers, according to the company.
“The CA Automation Suite has been well received by customers looking for a comprehensive solution to help rapidly deliver services in response to changing business needs,” said Roger Pilc, general manager, Virtualization and Automation, CA Technologies, in a statement.
CA’s Virtualization-to-Cloud product details include:
CA Configuration Automation r12 is a business service automation product to help companies standardize IT services, reduced downtime, and become more compliant with regulatory and IT security policies, according to company officials.
Key features of CA Configuration Automation r12, include:
- Granular configuration tracking and auditing
- More than 1000 out-of-the-box application, service, compliance and system templates and policies; and
- Flexibility to use either agent or agent-less approaches
CA Process Automation r3 is a new business service automation tool to help companies cut operational expenses, improve staff productivity and increase the speed of delivering IT services by documenting, automating, and orchestrating a range of processes across platforms, applications, and IT groups, according to the company.
Key features of CA Process Automation r3 include:
- New graphical designer interface
- Visual exception handling, and
- More than 50 CA Technologies and third-party pre-built data connectors and quickstarts, including ones for Amazon Web Services, and VMware vSphere
CA Server Automation r12 is what CA calls an “infrastructure automation product,” which dynamically provisions, patches, and deploys applications and services across physical and virtual systems based on standard templates and key performance metrics. .
Key features of CA Server Automation r12 include
- Support for new hypervisors, including Microsoft Hyper-V and
- Support for Cisco Unified Communications Systems (UCS)
Another updated component to the CA Automation Suite, CA Workload Automation r11.3, is set for GA release this spring, according to company officials.