To extend the monitoring capabilities of Citrix delivery infrastructure end-to-end and tighten integration with Microsoft products, Citrix has acquired the Citrix-specific management pack (MP) technology from Comtrade. Comtrade is a Citrix Ready Premier member and Microsoft Gold ISV Partner—is a recognized provider of enterprise application and infrastructure management solutions that bring native integration to Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM). Their management products have been widely used by hundreds of customers worldwide for close to a decade to bridge the gap between Microsoft SCOM and business critical IT solutions.
Comtrade System Software & Tools (Comtrade), a leading provider of IT infrastructure and application management and monitoring solutions, today announced that its Citrix management packs were acquired by Citrix, a strategic, long-term partner of Comtrade.
The add-on packs for SCOM listed below will be exclusively available from Citrix, and an entitlement to XenApp and XenDesktop Platinum customers with active Subscription Advantage (SA) or Software Maintenance (SWM) at no extra cost. They will be available for download on Citrix.com in Q1.
• Web Interface
• Provisioning Services
• License Server
These SCOM add-ons unify monitoring of your XenApp/XenDesktop infrastructure with the rest of your IT infrastructure, allowing for a true end-to-end management from a single console. One of the key advantages of these management packs is their ease of use. If you know how to use Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, you already know how to operate these management packs.
SCOM Packs Complement Citrix Director and Offer Additional Value
The SCOM packs integrate Director’s help desk capabilities and add additional detail for admins to monitor their infrastructure and workloads—all from a single pane of glass. And the latest version of Director can also aggregate SCOM alerts into the helpdesk dashboard for enhanced troubleshooting. Additional value using SCOM packs with Director include:
- End-to-end Citrix infrastructure monitoring including XenApp, XenDesktop, StoreFront, Web Interface, Provisioning Services, License Server, XenServer, NetScaler and CloudBridge
- Aggregate health overviews across multiple sites and versions with SLA dashboards
- Advanced monitoring of applications, delivery groups and sites
- Advanced user experience monitoring, with expanded alerts, for logon and session performance
- Launch Director within the management pack GUI to drill into user sessions from SCOM alerts
- Topology views with detailed relational information
Citrix also acquired the XenMobile and ShareFile management packs from Comtrade, and more information about those will be forthcoming after we evaluate and finalize our packaging options.