How to view a XenServer Status Report in XenCenter
Instead of opening different reports in different locations, and switching between management consoles here is a quick guide on how to view a XenServer Status Report in Citrix XenCenter
To view the status report in XenCenter, complete the following procedure:
1. Extract the server status report and save it to a local directory. Extracting this file generates a new set of directories, one directory for one server.
2. Open the pool master directory.
Note: You can open any host directory, but it is preferable to open the pool master’s information.
3. Open the subfolder, <bug-report-DATE>.
4. Copy the complete path of the directory. Following is a sample for reference:
5. Open XenCenter and click Add New Server.
6. On the Add New Server dialog box, paste the previously copied directory path in the Server field and add “\xapi-db.xml” at the path. Following is a sample of the Server field entry:
7. Ignore the username and password fields and press OK.
The status report opens and is displayed in XenCenter, like a normally connected and accessible pool, although with limited functionality.